My GC Hardtop project

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
DanTurboLancer

Re: My GC Coupe build

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Its dissappoionting that people are too busy putting shit on your ideas and hard work
rather than working on their own cars to walk the walk.

And what Mick said, stuff what other people say, its your car, and your hard earned that goes into it!

But im sure what ever you are doing wil be great!

haha Seeing as i dont know your middle name, you cant be in trouble
A112H

Post by A112H »

haha Seeing as i dont know your middle name, you cant be in trouble
How very true, lol :D
EVL076
S-G Veteran

Post by EVL076 »

red centre, chrome band, the small centre cap, white ring on tyre would be my choice

im was gonna do that with my sports pack rims on my galant
black centre, chrome trim, white wall :D
but thats not gonna happen now, changed wheel choice
Image Image
A112H

Post by A112H »

Just rang Adelaide Wheel and Rim and there price was pretty good I think, never had wheels widened before so I have nothing to judge it against, lol

To take the rears from 15x6 to 15x8 with offset alt $215 each
To alter the offset on the fronts keeping them 15x6 $175 each, if my hoops can not be moved far enough to suit the offset I want them I will need new hoops on the front too so the price will be $215 each. If that happens I will squeeze a 7 on the front, lol
red centre, chrome band, the small centre cap, white ring on tyre would be my choice
This is what I am thinking wheel wise, but with chrome outter trim and more dishy dish

shuggy

Post by shuggy »

i wanted to paint wheels black as black, white wall tires and chrome cap, but never got around to it, would look great with white walls i think..
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Galant_GT0 wrote:To take the rears from 15x6 to 15x8 with offset alt $215 each
To alter the offset on the fronts keeping them 15x6 $175 each, if my hoops can not be moved far enough to suit the offset I want them I will need new hoops on the front too so the price will be $215 each. If that happens I will squeeze a 7 on the front, lol
That sounds like a lot of money to just end up with steel wheels?
I'm not criticising, just stating a fact.
You could buy new mags for that much. A while ago I was quoted $1400 for new Konig Rewinds in 14x7 including tyres. That's only $340 more then what you are talking?

I like someone who knows exactly what they want, and if that's what you are going to do, all power to you.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
A112H

Post by A112H »

I get what you are saying Dave, but it is a look I am after. I still have alloys and looking at a set of SSR Meshies too, so the look will change depending on what I am doing with it. But it's road wheels will be the wide steelies.
They should work out around $780 for the 4, about $40 each for powder coating and about $400 for tyres so yeah, about $1400 all up. The SSR's are costing more than that without tyres, lol
A112H

Post by A112H »

Don't know if i am supposed to scan xray but anyway :facepalm: I got my shoulder xrayed today for the first time since surgery. It is a MASSIVE plate with 6 screws, I guess thats why I have the biggest clavical scar known to man :lol:

shuggy

Post by shuggy »

holy crap man - :roll:
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

hectic :\
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
A112H

Post by A112H »

So got bored with tonight so went in the shed to mess about. Decided to fit both my mirrors, then fitted the guards, then fitted the grill, so thought I would take some pics, lol

While messing about I noticed that the Coupe has two different positions for the seat belts? Anyone else notice this with theirs?

The plastic plug is threaded and screws out showing the threaded hole for the belts?

shuggy

Post by shuggy »

isnt that thing to hang the buckle on? looks good mate
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

yeah my coupe has these extra holes too. i just cover them up when i had the roof lining recovered
I want to go down on you and make you really happy, then i want to come back up slowly and fuck you real good, yours sincerely Petrol prices.
A112H

Post by A112H »

My head lining is 100% perfect so I think they will be staying. It is kinda weird though. I am thinking of adding a GE Scorpion roof mounted light thingo. Anyone got one they wanna sell??
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Looking good Jason.
How long till you finish it? What do you have left to do to it?
Mate, I ran out of time to send you that package on Monday, I'm flat out, I haven't forgotten, it will be in the mail as soon as I get a chance.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
A112H

Post by A112H »

Feels like I have everything left to do Dave, lol. I have fingers crossed it will be done by Xmas.
I forgot to send yours too, lol but that has worked out well for you anyway. While I was in the shed last night I thought I would try my new chrome trim out and it turns out that GD garnish trim is about an inch longer where it meets the grill than the GC ones are :wut: So I will slip them into the box with the garnish and send them tomorrow.
A112H

Post by A112H »

I have found a Starion turbo for $500. Sounds good but, the interior is rooted (been sitting with windows down for 5+ years), engine starts and runs well, clutch and gearbox feel fine (I couldn't drive it as it is missing the tail shaft). I can steal all the fancy electrics, windows, intermitant wipers and stuff.
The real bummer is that it is IRS, I thought they were a solid axle?? Is it still worth grabbing for the engine and box for the coupe? The rest would be scrap to me really as I don't wanna go to the hassle of converting it to IRS.
The guy is hanging onto it for me till after the weekend but I need to decide and get going on it, could see the coupe running in a few weeks :D
I suppose I should get most of the money back if I sold of the panels and lights.

Do you guys think this is a viable option? I wanted to go DOHC 63 NA really, but this seems a bit to good to pass up.
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

a starion for 500 bucks is worth having! is it a JA jB or JD model, if its the last two i would be interested if it has a lsd. the engine bolt straight in but they are a wide block 63 engine, so you have to use the gearbox which is hydraulic clutch. and the twin cam heads bolt straight up, but you will have a cas problem with the firewall. oh and the tb injection on the starion motors are rubbish.
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Yeah I have read that the ecu and wiring are not great and the injection isn't much better. I am not sure of the model, he said it is an '84 so could be either JA or JB.
Like you said a $500 running Starion is hard to pass up.

**EDIT** I have just done a quick google search of Starion pics and I think it is a JA by the tail lights.
A112H

Post by A112H »

This is exactly the same, but in better knick, lol, but it has the same side vents and little black spoiler ..................... JA????

astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

i think its a Ja series 2 starion. but if it had a lsd and you get the car and are willing to part with it then its SOLD lol
thats a identical car to mine
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

So is the JA a 4G63??

I brought from Rollins Imports, about 5-6 years ago, a Starion 4G63T that i put in my 4 door LA
complete motor Stock had about 120,000 Ks from memory, Factory computer and wiring harness.
$800
Plus a Starion 5 speed G Box, another $500.

If this JA is a 4G63, buy it.
Rebuild the motor, rebuild the G Box, and you will still be infront!
Shortened Tail shaft and a clutch and you are in Business!!
Just have to add a Hydraulic Master Cylinder and Line, as said earlier.
Also they dont exactly bolt straight in, well not in the Lancer anyway, may be different in the Galants??
But i had to do some manipulating of the Engine mounts, and then force the Rubber over to make the threaded stud go in...
Would be best to measure up, remove and cut and weld to correct angle...

You could have used the front suspension, but yours is already done.

Then throw on your RVR head, and throttle bodies, Computer and wiring, and you are in business!!

And if you can sell the body bonus, if not parts will go easily!

As long as its a 4G63, it sounds like a good idea :D
A112H

Post by A112H »

This is the engine below and I am sure reverse gear is below 5th not next to 1st if that helps anyone?

GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

get it :thumpsup:
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

definately!
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Does it say anything Other than Turbo on the Rocker cover?

Looks like the goods man.
Maybe you could use that Power steering also??
webby

Post by webby »

All Aus-delivered Starions were 4G63T
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
A112H

Post by A112H »

Deal done, I will pick up the Starion on Sat so fingers crossed the ol' coupe will be running by the end of May. Not drivable, but running (H)

As I said the interior is knackered and the body is tired with a whack on the LH front corner but the mechanicals seem perfect so for under $500 ya can't go wrong.
Some fresh gaskets here and there maybe update the efi and all will be sweet.
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Crikey, what a mess!!
Dont stuff about man, rebuild the motor while its out of the car.
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

i agree with dan here, if your taking off the head you need to at LEAST check the bores for a top lip, id reccomend at least doing rings and bearings if you dnt have much money..