Newbie, Central Coast, NSW.

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
Tim650

Newbie, Central Coast, NSW.

Post by Tim650 »

Hi evrybody,

Thought I would throw up an intro -----> I'm Tim, 31, D-cup, likes long walks on the leash ..... OOPS, wrong site :wut:

Try again: Tim, 31, Charmhaven (Central Coast, NSW) very first car was an '84 GK GSR, been a Sigma fan ever since.

I have owned LOTS of cars and always fell back to the trusty ol Sigma.

I have an '84 GK GSR in the shed and just bought an immaculate genuine 1 owner '86 GN Sigma wagon.

Over the years I have always come across useful info on this forum so I thought it was about time to register and start to mingle.

I will do the whole customise the sig and post pictures soon ... but ... Kids just woke up and I am on look out duty while wifey goes and spends my 'hard earned' at a tupperware party :roll:

Tim (H)
TVM006

Re: Newbie, Central Coast, NSW.

Post by TVM006 »

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Welcome Tim :lol:
TVMDouble0h!Sixx

1985 GK GSR
Tim650

Post by Tim650 »

My first car: 1984 GK GSR. Purchased from an older guy (1 owner I think?) in about 1997 for $1,800 from memory, I gave this car hell for almost 2 years from L plates to Ps. Pretty much standard apart from an aftermarket air filter, extractors and an exhaust system and a sound system including woofer box in boot. Destroyed 13 diffs (yes, I did too many burnouts) had it confiscated by the NSW police for doing a burnout right in front of their unmarked VS Commodore at Kooragang Island (Newcastle), I didn't know they were there but I am pleased that it was a pretty good skid anyway, worth getting done for. I was apparently the 4th car to be confiscated when the "Hoon Laws" were first introduced. I made the silly mistake of swapping the Pepperpot wheels for these ones cause I needed tyres and couldn't afford them and a guy (who knew the value of Pepperpots and I didn't) offered a straight swap for these with new rubber, we did it right there in Nobby's car park at 11pm! I loved this car but ran it into the ground. Traded it for $1,200 on a new Toyota Starlet :roll:

This was a spur of the moment buy. My girlfriend (now my wife) spotted it for sale in the car park where she worked. I had been wanting another GSR but they are pretty hard to come by, so I coughed up $1,700 and drove it home, noisy diff and all. I cleaned it up, repaired the rust in the lower front gaurds, fixed the noisy diff, installed lowered king springs, gave it extractors and a full exhaust, a rebuilt carby with different jets, a CD player and some speakers and drove it for about 4 years without any problems. I ended up buying a new road bike (or 2 ;-) ) and when the wife fell pregnant we decided on putting this into early retirement as a "future project". It has now been in the shed for over 4 years. I decided that the rust was taking hold and the shitty sunroof that the previous owner had installed had destroyed the roof so I have decided to use this as a donor for the current Sigma.

The current Sigma: I picked this up yesterday from Canberra (what a mission that was .... long story). It is a 1986 GN wagon, 1 owner from new (till I bought it) with 178,100km on it. It looks like it just rolled out of the showroom apart from a few marks on the seats and a couple tiny dents, one on the front left gaurd and one on the tailgate. Runs great, doesn't blow smoke, drives smooth and I am very happy with it. We can now get rid of our current famuly 'hack', a 1996 EF wagon.

So, there you go! In between these cars I have owned about 28 other cars (I used to work at a car yard and buy all the cheap trade-ins) but the best cars have always been Sigmas and dare I say it, Ford Falcons :blah:

Now to make the GN wagon a hybrid GN GSR wagon :thumpsup:
84GKSIG
Admin

Post by 84GKSIG »

welcome tim :thumpsup: .....

other websites youve signed up to previously worry me :hit: :lol:

M.B
crystalmeths

Post by crystalmeths »

welcome Tim the other site youve been on dont worry me wink wink :lol: just joking mate nice looking gsr :thumpsup: