What up?

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
84SRSTIGMA

What up?

Post by 84SRSTIGMA »

Hey guys (and gals?). I own a 84 GL sedan. Origionally "poo brown" with a 4g32 and 4spd manual. Since buying it a year ago, I've cut most of the rust out and done a backyard pressure pack paint job in I international orange (lol) to keep the rust coming back thru while I carried out a heart transplant. Some you won't like the idea of it, but I ended up putting a blacktop SR20det in her. And it hauls AR5E! Haha. It was either the Nissan donk or a 302w. With all the new engineering laws and restrictions and whatnot I figured it was going to be a whole lot easier to do the 2L turbo option. I also swapped out the old brake booster and put a 180sx booster in. It stops very quickly now too! Still only has standard front discs and rear drums, but the booster did it all. At the moment I'm in the middle of swapping out the dash gauges for drift iridium digital ones. Can't get the speedo to work :( also looking for some fat rims to fit. Once all the dirty work is done it'll get a proper respray in ford blood orange :)
tubby

Re: What up?

Post by tubby »

pics make people happy, welcome to the site.
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
84SRSTIGMA

Post by 84SRSTIGMA »

Haven't got any decent photos of it yet. Will attempt to take a few and use imageshack and all that jazz one day soon hopefully haha. I wish forums had more server space so we can upload images straight to the site.
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

welcome to the site buds...check out the for sale thread on here,your bound to find a set of wheels for you siggy!
ive got 19" wheels im selling on there too.check it out! :thumpsup:
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

84SRSTIGMA wrote:I own a 84 GL sedan. Origionally "poo brown"
I prefer to call it Mitsubishi Sports Brown :lol:

Welcome 84SRSTIGMA.
84SRSTIGMA wrote:Once all the dirty work is done it'll get a proper respray in ford blood orange :)
Make sure you get some pics up before you spray it, so we can appreciate the work that has gone into it :thumpsup:

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

:thumpsup: :thumpsup:

Welcome mate, pics are a must, was dark when i seen it :P
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
webby

Post by webby »

Ah, the dirty tractor engine that is the SR20. Half decent motor, but they're let down by a retarded valvetrain with spindly little rocker arms that like to snap if you rev it past 7k fairly regularly without rocker stoppers. So if you don't have rocker stoppers, get a set :P
+1 for pics, and welcome to the site :thumpsup:
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889