Newbie from Sunny Melbourne

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
WHTGESIG

Newbie from Sunny Melbourne

Post by WHTGESIG »

Hi all

My name is James I'm 32 & from sunny Melbourne Victoria
I enjoy long walks on the beach movies :/

Thought I'd introduce myself and the new project... Hope the image works

Regards
James
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Newbie from Sunny Melbourne

Post by Scorpma82 »

Welcome to the site mate.....and im guessing it would've startd to rain by the time u finished ur 1st post...being in sunny melbourne lol
Built with pride, Driven in anger
A112H

Post by A112H »

Welcome to the site James. Looks like a pretty tidy GE Sports pack. What engine is it running at the moment? What are your plans?
WHTGESIG

Post by WHTGESIG »

Hi guys

Well plans are to build a tough legal street weapon.. I wanted to do a v8 conversion but I'm having second thoughts as it looks like I can only go to 4200cc because of the 1050 tare weight... Any ideas??
webby

Post by webby »

Look into the Toyota/Lexus 1UZ-FE if you want a V8, should fall right under that limit being a 4L :thumpsup:
Another option is a turbo 2.6, they're capable of good power when built properly and would probably be more than enough for such a light car.
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
A112H

Post by A112H »

WHTGESIG wrote:Hi guys

Well plans are to build a tough legal street weapon.. I wanted to do a v8 conversion but I'm having second thoughts as it looks like I can only go to 4200cc because of the 1050 tare weight... Any ideas??
Don't want to sound like a dick but why didn't you buy a Commodore? Original GE's are getting very hard to find these days and I would hate to see another one chopped up.
WHTGESIG

Post by WHTGESIG »

Hi Josh

Thanks I thought the 1uz motor was a 4500cc but I was wrong its 4000cc perfect thanks...
I'm a bit tired of 4 cyl turbo.. I've played around with cordia's for years and want to build something a bit more stable.. To many meltdowns...

James
WHTGESIG

Post by WHTGESIG »

Hi Jason

I just like the shape of the sigmas.. And I'm looking for good power to weight :)
She currently has a 2ltr and 5 spd box..

James
TUFSIG

Post by TUFSIG »

One of the most common mods but does give great reward is a 2.6 with magna fuel injection, i have tried various different motor setups and this one has been the best for power and reliability for sure :D
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

jvflash

Post by jvflash »

Nice looking Sigma, welcome to the forum.
unique10

Post by unique10 »

Gday mate, awesome looking car. Love the strobe stripe thing, would like to get something like that happening on my galant but don't have the time, money, effort and perseverance. Lol

Whatever you do, 2.6 or v8 it will be fair good. I just raced best 2 out of 3 runs a vz hsv with pacemakers and a cold air intake and tune and blah blah with my 2.6turbo. He wasn't happy with the outcome lol. That said a v8 in something that light would be awesome fun

Good luck with it mate
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

even an all alloy Toyota V8...it will throw the balance of the car right out...and even if you left the motor std, the amount of money you'd have to put into the chassis in terms of strength, fabrication, and all the suspension, braking and mechanical upgrades to take such a "big" motor. Don't get me wrong, it will be an awesome car once it's done and will be one hell of a headturner..........but if u want a tuff street car.....start off with a car that came out of the factory with a big V8, then put a bigger one in it (350SBC in a Torana/Monaro), far fewer headaches, far more "off the shelf" support (for upgrades) and better bang for your buck all 'round

And for the record, I'm not a turbo fan either.....but 300hp from a 1050kg,T/C straight4 is better than a 400hp, 1300kg V8.......looking at those specs, the power to weight ratio wouldn't be much better than a early Falcon or Commodore...it would just be more interesting since its in a Mitsubishi

My 2c put in
Built with pride, Driven in anger
WHTGESIG

Post by WHTGESIG »

Hi all

Thanks to everybody for there input... It's given me a bit to think about...

Regards
James :)
TUFSIG

Post by TUFSIG »

Hi Mate

We are also having a meet in early December in Melb would be great if you could come as well
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka