im a Newbee please help me

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
andrewharris88

im a Newbee please help me

Post by andrewharris88 »

Hey everyone,
This sight is awesome. Dedication to some of the best cars EVER!!! Am I right?

My story so far.
My first car was a 1976 Galant impact orange sport option (tacho, exterior details ect. Regretfully sold it to an x-mate who painted it mat black (dodgy back yard job) and then sold it to some guys who used it as a bush basher!!!! wtf am I right!!!!

Anyway with anger aside, you goto love old people. I found one just like my old one. But 1977 same colour impact orange, and super well looked after by a lovely old lady.

Purchased at first sight (couldn’t resist) and so the project starts.

I’m redoing the entire interior first. New custom leather trim and dark grey perforated venal centres, and patchwork along doors (gallant). Across the dash (Chrysler) and on the seats top head rests front (Galant) I got a guy in my town that restores, re springs and re covers old car interiors. Excellent job and very passionate (retired works from home for the love of it and $$$$) very cheep tho.

The dash is fully out and so is the rest of the interior except the roof lining that will come later before every thing goes back in and the new strips are fixed (stuck down)

I’ve already obtained all the badges that were missing and will be getting them re- chromed. Except for one thing…the side strips that ran down the middle of the doors, front and back panels. Dose anyone have them I can purchase???? The wreckers I have here have not seen a Galant for a very long time.

Interior wise I have everything apart from the centre console. That came from the dash down then over the gear shifter (manual). I would also like to obtain one of these??? And the dash console…with a tacho, I have 2 one with a clock and one with a funny squiggle picture that continued through the car on a few interior badges.

I wish I fit this with a 4g63 turbo engine down the line, once I have it show room quality. Plus the old lady just had the engine rebuilt and it still needs wearing in, so no need to let it go to waste get a good years appreciation out of it before I go the last step to the project.

But if anyone can help with the few things I wish to obtain please please help.
Side protector strips
Dash with tacho
Centre console with manual shift that continues up to the dash. I will try and include a photo of this console.Image

this is my old car let me know what you think.
Image Image Image Image

and this is my new one. let me know what you think. (has anyone seen many orange galants? i have only seen my first and this new one) lots of everything elce but never another orange?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: im a Newbee please help me

Post by 81GL »

Welcome to the site mate!

Good to see you have found another galant; and what a find at that too :shock: thats nuts...

Must of been a dedicated old lady... and seems like she knew a good mechanic too!

As for those parts - wanted section is your friend.

Cheers,
Nick.

PS: YAY for more 13" hotwires :twisted:
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

love it mate,

especially the louvers, classic styling

would be great to see it fully restored to its original form

good luck
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Nice car mate, almost looks as good as mine...... :lol:
where are you located......
The tachos are hard to get I'm after one too.
As far as the strips go, are you after the original stainless steel with plastic inserts?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Was just looking at your pics again and....
-Love the EK holden in the back of the pic.... :D

-What little old lady runs a thermo fan? :lol:

-Those strips on your first Galant are non genuine. They are just Vinyl strips that you buy by the metre. I don't know if you can still get that profile (they were hot shit in the 70's and 80's :lol:). Look at the ones on my car, they are they originals, but to put them on you'd have to drill holes in your car. I'd run with the vinyl ones....

-I've got an original set of 4 mudflaps but I can't bring myself to drill holes in my car to put them on....(that's tragic I know)
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
andrewharris88

Post by andrewharris88 »

Thanks everyone so far
I will continue to post about the progress until completion

75wagon
I’m not shore on the story behind the thermo fan, all I know is she was going to take it to the wreckers so her son took it and had an engine rebuild (I still go to wear it in lol) he was restoring it but lost his job so needed the money, 4 new tires and engine, clutch and gear box rebuild, I picked it up for $1400 no rego.

The EK is my old mans its fully original and is new for a paint lol beautiful car tho. Interior and motor all re conditioned original styling.

I’m located in Bundaberg qld

yer the strips I’m after (see the first photos of my first car) it has them half way down the car, they give it back the feel of my first car, I think I will need them before I feel whole again haha, they are also perfectly positioned at the peak edge of the car, looking on my new one I can see dints where the door has been opened on something or someone open on it. Plus they give it a different look away from the datos and corollas.

The top pinstripe and thick strip above the pinstripe I will have to get custom made from a sign-righting place (I got a good one that dose work for me at my restaurant)

Any idea where you can get the strips from now? How about a centre console? Was the sigma much the same as the gallant i.e. universal fitting?

Thanks mate
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

mate
i think i just creamed a lil

and sorry fellow members, but that bay (including the SATURN) is better than sex.

can you still get new air filters like that for the saturn? what carb is it running? coz to me it looks like the engine is a swap from a colt or somethin, a pic of the carb will tell the story

boosted brakes too

very nice, cant wait for the finished project.

best of luck
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

can you still get new air filters like that for the saturn? what carb is it running? coz to me it looks like the engine is a swap from a colt or somethin, a pic of the carb will tell the story

boosted brakes too
-That filter is an original with the snout cut and painted black.
-Colts never came with a chain 4G32, 4G32B (belt drive only)
-GD galants came with brake boosters and so did the lancer hatches
andrewharris88

Post by andrewharris88 »

Haha I creamed a little to when I seen it.

Nar engine it stock. Same as what I had in my first, 4632, duel throat carbys stock I’m shore ill take another look next time I’m working on it though get you a pic.

Yep you can get air filters for it, auto barn normally has them on shelf.

Yer I liked that break booster. My old one didn’t have one and you would have to jump on the breaks it pull it up. I haven’t driven this one yet (no rego )but will be interesting to see how big of a difference that will make.

I cant get over how shiny it still is, its original paint.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Yer I liked that break booster. My old one didn’t have one and you would have to jump on the breaks it pull it up. I haven’t driven this one yet (no rego )but will be interesting to see how big of a difference that will make.
Well there you go, I thought they were standard on all. Must have been an option then. The LB and LC Lancers all had them though. I've got one in my spares. My wagon stops fine, don't need good brakes on it, it wouldn't pull a greasy stick out of a dogs arsehole....lol
can you still get new air filters like that for the saturn?
Shuggy, were you asking about the filter element or the housing? I got heaps of the housings......
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

housing, but mine is outta a colt, i got 4 housings and every single one is different ahah.
im currently running without one coz myn is rusted and it suckd a lil bit of rust down the throat i think n one of my valves isnt sealing propperly.. :(
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

shuggy wrote:housing, but mine is outta a colt, i got 4 housings and every single one is different ahah.
im currently running without one coz myn is rusted and it suckd a lil bit of rust down the throat i think n one of my valves isnt sealing propperly.. :(
Put a pic on here somewhere, I'd like to see this motor you've got. So being out of a colt it's a 4G32B with an engine mount on the front of the head?
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

yea there is engine mounts on the left front of it, there it provision for one just next to the belt tensioner so i took the bolt out (bad move they are open to the oil gallery, went everwhere) and there is one on the right for the aircon. i took off a lot of unwanted metal, pulleys, bolt and all sorts of shit. and the rocker cover has wierd bolts on it haha.
il take some snaps later
lchilds82

Post by lchilds82 »

Thats a nice find, how did you come across such a nice specimen.
4GB63t
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

They are out there, you just have to look.....
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

love both your first and current galant. I too had a gd galant as my first car and would like to find another one that is as original and clean looking as your current one, youve scored really well with that galant
I want to go down on you and make you really happy, then i want to come back up slowly and fuck you real good, yours sincerely Petrol prices.