MY GC galant!! STOKED!!!!

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
ted

MY GC galant!! STOKED!!!!

Post by ted »

Hi all,

I picked up my galant on friday and im one happy bloke!! cant wait to drive it!!! here's some pics!!

A112H

Re: MY GC galant!! STOKED!!!!

Post by A112H »

Very nice mate, looks pretty straight. Whats the inside like? Think you might need to swap the wheels around, those fat ones will look sweet on the back
ted

Post by ted »

Inside is pretty stock needs a clean up and ive actually got the same wheel that are on the front for the back they just have no tyres so they are the skid tyres!! hahaha
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

very schmick! love it indeed

mius points for the roof mount antenna thou!

very very nice car
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I didn't notice the roof antenna.
It looks tidy Ted. I see you have posts asking for bits for this motor, does that mean you are going to drive it with a Saturn for a while?

Glad you are happy with it.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
ted

Post by ted »

Hahahaha roof antenna will be going when it gets resprayed white and yeah im going to drive it for a while until in finish my proton project
and once its finished the galant gets her new donk!! but she will go well!!
ted

Post by ted »

I think the timing chain let go on the galant!! anyone got a carbie sigma turbo donk? hahaha
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

i have a timing chain?
ted

Post by ted »

Im just going to rip it out and rebuild it i think 200 bucks for everything rings,big ends,mains,timing chain kit and gasket kit.
tandanus

Post by tandanus »

Very nice. Is that rust on the passenger widscreen pillar? :o
Dont skimp on the rebuild - while its apart get it ballanced - best thing you can do for one of these :)
Of course, being a GC a few extra cubes wouldnt hurt, especially if you want to see off the Commos at the lights, but Saturns are cool (H)
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
ted

Post by ted »

Thanks!! nah no rust just abit of adhesive with dirt on it,
Im only doing a quick rebuild nothing extensive this is only the "meantime" engine and apparently this motor is already been balanced anyways
on his link in the for sale section it used to do high 13's! link below.

http://www.vk2krr.com/rms/tpc198photos.htm
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

i saw the previous statement and id eat my shorts if it would pull a high 13 sec pass, i thing a fair bit of exageration was going on :\
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
colta51

Post by colta51 »

looks tuff :thumpsup: dose it still hav them extractors on it?
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
ted

Post by ted »

yeah i agree with the exageration on the 13 second pass it would have to be some fuckin angry 4g32 and yeah it still has the full exhust on it
A112H

Post by A112H »

I have noticed that the 3 is directly below the 6. Maybe it was a typo and he meant low 16's pass ???????????
ted

Post by ted »

yeah true if it does a 16 i will be stoked!! looking forward to the 10's with the new motor
ted

Post by ted »

Just an update,

Pulled the motor down for a freshen up and to figure out why it stopped in the previous owners possesion have a look.

A112H

Post by A112H »

Ditch that shit and chuck a 4G63 at it. I am sure that engine is fixable but with my 20yrs experiance I can tell you those pics will only be the start of your problems.
The amount of damage to the cylinder and head I would consider that motor junk and start the search
scorplover

Post by scorplover »

Ouch, that will do it every time! Yep, get rid of it and start with something else
tandanus

Post by tandanus »

Not the sort of wear you'd expect from treating a Saturn sensibly :D
If you are particularly attached to this motor you might get it to run with a secondhand head and a set of pistons (+rings+hone - cant really see the bores), but before you spend anything on it give the rods and bottom end a good check. Probably cheaper/easier to just get another Saturn (folks here just about GIVE them away). Next cheapest is an Astron.
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Post by oldn64 »

:( :o Bugger.. that is a mess, pour motor. Diffenately easier to start with another motor and build it... Where the heal has the vavle bell gone? (apart from through the piston)

Sort of looks like what happened when my first saturn let go....(mine fractured the ring lan and through the piston top through the head....)

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
ted

Post by ted »

Yeah man the head and engine arent retrievable the photos dont do the damage justice! half the inlet valve ended up in no.1 combustion chamber and there is alloy everywhere in every bore!if you look closely it has actually twisted the rod!! not attached to this engine at all! if anyone has an astron or saturn let me know thanks again fellas.
ted

Post by ted »

New plan 2.6, wherret 5 speed, extractors and webers!!!!!!!
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Post by oldn64 »

Just be aware the wherret will be a BW box and thus have a different bellhousing (as in it is not part of the casing. BW sold this to holden as well to put behind the 173 motor in the VC and VH commodores). You might find that the bellhousing is a wide block bellhousing but the motor a narrow... just check it out... you can get narrow box bellhousings...

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
ted

Post by ted »

Ah sweet as thanks for the info ive got a box that suits the triton motor too!! where abouts could i find a narrow detachable bellhousing?
ted

Post by ted »

RIGHT!!!! the 1UZ wont fit!!! so im pissed off!!! but now im building up a forged 4G93 turbo for the gc!! it bolts up to jap 5 speeds and the original 4 speed, plus the engine is very close to the same block dimensions as the 4g32 so it should be easy enough!!!
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

4g63 dohc :thumpsup:
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

yea i wouldnt be wasting money on a 4g93....a 4g63 is just as much hassle...for a little bit extra money...and alot more power...and aftermarket support...
ted

Post by ted »

Nup 4G93 i want to do something different and ive got one sitting in the shed!! and its also physically smaller than the 63 and as far as aftermarket parts go.... ive got some wicked contacts as ive got the same engine in my proton hahaha
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

different doesnt necessarily mean better