1980 MITSUBISHI GALANT GS/R 2000

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
cabrera only speed

1980 MITSUBISHI GALANT GS/R 2000

Post by cabrera only speed »

He guys! my name its George, I´m from Argentina, My English it´s Like Indian Style :oops: pretty bad, so, have patience :mrgreen:

Everything begins in the middle of March of 2003, was a sunny day and I was a pedestrian with a sum of cash, in search of a vehicle, my objective one was a Fiat 128, this clear one that she turns aside a little to me he himself.
walking I saw, stopped there,approaches and step automatically to me a flash by my head of how wanna to leave, if! this it is the car, the price was within my budget.
The car was 7 points, with some things that were not my of affability, but that already was going to be modified. :mrgreen:

I began with the first modifications, obvious very timid and limited by my budget.
It ahead lowers it of, cutting obvious spiral, which were not very well since the piston rod was left largo.pinte the black rims . I did a wide black line in cowling ceiling and trunk, covering the old one that was twisted. Change bumpers, the original ones excel much, in that then idea it was to do them of fiber and to paint them color body. what has position is the base to do the new thing.

A day the differential start to make very many noise and to lose oil by the entrance. Then between a the factory to repair it,
It is here when I start wiyf the "since we are" , y repair the differential so single it was to tighten it, as the tapeworm down I said, good, since we are cleans the floor of the car and I gave him, paints the suspencion rods , the differential

Later, since the tapeworm weighing of back, and, since we are, comence to repar punctures to him that tapeworm in the low ones of the back mudguards and in the tail. The idea was to do a small one washed to him of face, that I finish in months in a SPA; D

So since we are, so that not to paint it complete no? and good we began to disarm

At this point, i have problems with de garage, so, i leave it :( and star to work at home.

The proyect

Thats all Frends!

Bye!
tandanus

Re: 1980 MITSUBISHI GALANT GS/R 2000

Post by tandanus »

:shock:
Welcome to the site George.
That's amazing!
If someone here took their car apart in the street like that it wouldnt be there very long!
Good on you . Top effort.
I think the front needs to be a bit lower ;)
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
cabrera only speed

tandanus wrote::shock:
Welcome to the site George.
That's amazing!
If someone here took their car apart in the street like that it wouldnt be there very long!
Good on you . Top effort.
I think the front needs to be a bit lower ;)
T.
Thanks for the answer! here too, you can´t park for a long time :mrgreen:

Realy more lowered, y need two skis :mrgreen:

Bye!
tandanus

Post by tandanus »

So cool.
Heres a shot of what we in Australia call a Sigma. I took it in Buenos Aires in October 2006. I was so surprised to see one !

T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
convertiblescorp82

Post by convertiblescorp82 »

Thats a great car George...love what you have done to it. Here in Australia we call your car a Scorpion. I love the mitsubishi logo on the gearbox just a pity you probably cant see it when its on the car :)
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

:shock: wow that's an awesome scorpion/galant. I've never really liked the front of them (would love to see someone put a GE sigma front on to a scorpion body!) but that looks sweet! The minilites especially suit it! :mrgreen:
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
cabrera only speed

convertiblescorp82 wrote:Thats a great car George...love what you have done to it. Here in Australia we call your car a Scorpion. I love the mitsubishi logo on the gearbox just a pity you probably cant see it when its on the car :)
Thanks! Probably it is not seen :mrgreen: , not therefore the one of GSR!
psshhhht wrote::shock: wow that's an awesome scorpion/galant. I've never really liked the front of them (would love to see someone put a GE sigma front on to a scorpion body!) but that looks sweet! The minilites especially suit it! :mrgreen:
Hi! I wanna to change the front, but here in Argentina, it is not obtained! equal minilite :cry:
camB

Post by camB »

Fantastic build pics, thanks heaps.

While we're looking at foreign Scorpions... Here's one from Brussels

Couldn't quite believe that in a country full of brand new Peugeots and Renaults there was an old Chysler. :-)
cabrera only speed

camB wrote:Fantastic build pics, thanks heaps.
While we're looking at foreign Scorpions... Here's one from Brussels
Couldn't quite believe that in a country full of brand new Peugeots and Renaults there was an old Chysler. :-)
Thanks camb!!

Here does not are many Scorpions, Fiat an Volkswagen are the top in sales.

I wanna this bumper to mi car, but i cant find it :evil:
cabrera only speed

News...

New Location!!! the car its on mi own garage!!!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BAD-SIG

Post by BAD-SIG »

Oi George, tudo bem? Im a brazilian living in Australia and I own a 1979 Sigma, which is basically a 4 door sedan version of your car. If you like, please visit my blog for more info, photos of my car and more Sigma related stuff.

Ps. nice red VW Gol you have there in the background of one of the photos!
Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989

cabrera only speed

BAD-SIG wrote:Oi George, tudo bem? Im a brazilian living in Australia and I own a 1979 Sigma, which is basically a 4 door sedan version of your car. If you like, please visit my blog for more info, photos of my car and more Sigma related stuff.

Ps. nice red VW Gol you have there in the background of one of the photos!
Thaks hermano! :lol:

Now im in to you blog...

The Gol its mi another car :thumpsup:

here are photos

http://www.golquadrado.com.br/forum/gol ... 15425.html