big brakes on sigma?

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
Travis32

big brakes on sigma?

Post by Travis32 »

gday i was wondering if anyone knew of some where i can get some like 270 mm front discs to mount to the front of my gj sigma.Im gonna make a braket to move caliper out or just use a set of gto 4 pot calipers.These discs has to non floating type

Also has anyone done a starion conversion on front of sigma if so can u plz tell me uve done to make everything fit and work correctly?

thanks
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: big brakes on sigma?

Post by Scorpma82 »

i actually did such a conversion on my old GJ

i used a Nissan R31 Skyline rotor mated up to a (cast iron) Toyota Landcruiser 4 piston caliper..........u will need to shave off approx 4mm or so on the mounting points

(make sure u find the right model caliper as the landcruisers have different calipers of different models
Built with pride, Driven in anger
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Staion convertion is easy. Just get the complete strut and steering knuckle (bit that bolts to the bottom balljoint and stut bottom). change the strut top and stering knuckle and bolt it in.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

Billsy

Post by Billsy »

ive got Nissan S15 4pot brakes on mine....

.... And struts
.... and steering rack
.... and crossmember.
:D

fair bit of work though
Insert witty one liner here -->
Travis32

Post by Travis32 »

thanks guys ill look around ay