Recommendations for Pepper Pot Tyres

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
Cottees
Admin

Recommendations for Pepper Pot Tyres

Post by Cottees »

At the moment I have brand new tyres on the stockies on my Sigma, so once they wear out, I want to buy new tyres for the set of Pepper Pots I have. I am thinking of 195s for the front, and 205s or 215s for the rear. What I started the thread for is recommendations on what brand/model tyre to use. I would want them for mostly street use, and the occasional track day. Going by my past experience, I would pick Yokohama. A pair of Yokohama tyres I bought for my Commodore gripped really well compared to other brands I had used. Does anyone have any other recommendations on what might be better?
woops

Re: Recommendations for Pepper Pot Tyres

Post by woops »

I actually really like my yoko c-drive tyres. I have them on the galant and they have been great. Excellent wet weather grip and they seem to be wearing pretty well. I throw my car in the corners and haven't had any slipage or loss of tracion. I can't even lock up my tyres in the wet under extreme braking in my GB. Not sure if thats due to the small GB pads and no booster but it feels to stop much better than many much newer cars i've driven.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

on my GJ i ran 205/60's at the front (brand was BF Goodrich)
i ran 235/60's at the rear (brand was also BF Goodrich)

fronts worked fantastically well....the rear didnt give alot of lateral grip (in the wet) as they were a non directional tyre (being a wagon didnt help its cause)....but the bigger footprint kept the rear in check in the dry very well indeed

and it was a soft compound tyre so it would smoke out a street much much better than an old 3y/o old stocky....much thicker plumes of smoke....AND much much whiter
Built with pride, Driven in anger
webby

Post by webby »

Federal 595EVO, 195/50/15. Hands down, best street tyre I have ever driven on. Can be a bit hard to find though.
If not, I hear the new Bridgestone RE002's are good. Yokie C-drives are alright as well.
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE001 or RE002
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE