Starion wheel hub a straight swap for a Sigma wheel hub?

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
Cottees
Admin

Starion wheel hub a straight swap for a Sigma wheel hub?

Post by Cottees »

From the research I have done, it looks like a Starion wheel hub will fit a GJ-GN Sigma strut. The reason for thinking this is that they both share the same bearing kit from GBC "GBK0214". If it is right, then it might be easier and cheaper to source just the hub from a Starion as an upgrade rather than the whole strut. The only problem is the mount point for the brake callipers. Does anyone have the measurements for the Starion struts, or have struts they have to measure? Other things I found out is that the King Springs for the GJ-GN Sigmas and the Starions are the same as well. When looking at the shockers for the 2, they were different model numbers.
panda

Re: Starion wheel hub a straight swap for a Sigma wheel hub?

Post by panda »

Starion & GJ-GN Sigma share the same hubs, ball joints, control arms, radius rods & springs. But they differ in struts. They differ in caster & camber angle & the Starion strut is 8mm shorter, which means different shocks. Starions use different brake calipers & ventilated rotors, Sigma uses solid disc rotors.
I am presently making a simple adapter to fit VB-VP Commodore shocks to Starion struts for my autocross car. Will let you know if it works.
I'm here for a good time, not a long time !

GJ Rally Sigma, 2.6 Haltech MPI [SOLD]