narrow or wide km147-5

This section is for talk about anything to do with transmission or drivetrain.
barana

narrow or wide km147-5

Post by barana »

gday all :>,
Ive been lurking on here a little while and been learning heaps !

Ive just aquired a 83 - SB L300 and even tho this forum isnt on l300's it does seem to specalise in mitz drivelines.

wih research mostly on the net, Ive decided to upgrde my l300:-
I will swap over the 2wd chassis o a 4wd one,
and put in the good 2.6l - from a tr-ts magna with the big flow ports and factroy rolla rockers
AND the fuel injection computer and loom - with a modifyed tf intake manifold!
anyway
I'm wanting to know If anyone out there does,
Is the 5 speed in my new chassis, the KM147-5 a wide gearbox or narrow one?
thx in advance, Barana.
A112H

Re: narrow or wide km147-5

Post by A112H »

I am not sure about the gearbox but I think these had the wide block 4G63 same as the L200? Pretty sure they use the same chassis as the same year Pajero's
Click this link to learn how to check your gearbox width;
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3569
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

barana wrote:gday all :>,
I will swap over the 2wd chassis o a 4wd one,
and put in the good 2.6l - from a tr-ts magna with the big flow ports and factroy rolla rockers
AND the fuel injection computer and loom - with a modifyed tf intake manifold!
anyway
I'm wanting to know If anyone out there does,
Is the 5 speed in my new chassis, the KM147-5 a wide gearbox or narrow one?
thx in advance, Barana.
Ive had both and the 4WD wont be a bolt in swap , I had both cars together, body mount brackets are different and it just didnt look like an easy job , Id suggest buying a 4WD one... use the 2wd for panels. If someone said it'll bolt on get them to help

just looked at my pickies looks like the front mounts are at least similar so Im not sure where the difference was?
edit again .....and.. the 4be is a floor shift unless the L3 is floorshift your going to have to cut out a section from the 4be floor so you can use the gear shift set up they have (which I think means you need the 4be passenger seat.... it aint easy..
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
barana

Post by barana »

@A112H
thanks for that link mate, I measured the bellhousing and it come up
@ 305mm?? and thats from edge to edge not bolt centre to bolt centre
I gotta go back and measure it again methinks.

@Torana68
well I havent been exaustive, but it seemed the fromt and side chassis mounts are verbatim, but didnt check the rear.Was ur 2wd model a SA perchance? I know they WERE quite different in many areas

yes the 4wd floormount and i have a plan

In my 2wd handbook, it outlines two options for shifters, column and floor, my idea is, I can keep the column shift ( i love em-theyre so different) as the linkages are the same, -I MAY have to modify the chasis mounts for the column linkages.
For the 4wd range selector I have a mod idea, - I have seen somewhere in my life a 4wd shifter (from I think a van or commercial) built into the rear part of the footwell behind the heel but to the left where a shifter should be, poking out and up - I would like to get one of these shifters and transplant it into my machine (hopefully it uses a cable to the transfer case, making it easier)

torana68, whats all this about corolla pistons and Hoondai heads on an astron eh?

Does anyone know of a h/l shifter mechanisim that fits this decsription? Ifso what make/model does it come out in?

If you find it hard to picture what I am talking about, its like some e24 urvan's use for their 5sp 'floormount' -tho In my case i would be the h/l selector.