alternate gearbox crossmember position

This section is for talk about anything to do with transmission or drivetrain.
rob020

alternate gearbox crossmember position

Post by rob020 »

hey guys

this is supposed to be a scorpion box, i never looked under any of my scorps but ive never seen the crossmember mounted further back like that,
the piece between the box and mount looks homemade-ish, and the original studs look like they were pretty hard to remove, judging by the state of the holes

why is that like that?
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
Billsy

Re: alternate gearbox crossmember position

Post by Billsy »

looks like a early box in a late car or vice versa (cant remember which one is longer)
i did a similar mod to fit a early box in a GK, you will also likely find the trans tunnel modified for the shifter
Insert witty one liner here -->
trainzkid88

Post by trainzkid88 »

is the cross member offset instead of straight across as i need an offset one for my gn so i can fit the km132 trans my car was an auto wich is about 70 mm longer than the manual
this car is all motor real motors don't need forced induction or nitrous and there's no substitute for cubes.
rob020

Post by rob020 »

sorry for the late reply
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out