Tappet Cover Gasket Help

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
scooterdave

Tappet Cover Gasket Help

Post by scooterdave »

Hi, I am having difficulty with the spare parts vacum in Brisbane in locating the correct replacement rocker cover gasket. I have a 1978 LB, 4G32 1600 Saturn engine. The gasket that has come off the cover is slotted so it slides on to the alloy over. The part Repco and Autobarn are trying to sell me is for a 4G32 LB/LC engine but its the wrong shape and does NOT have the slot in it (its just solid, slightly tappered on the cross section). Also the semi-cirluar bit at the front where the oil breather sits is way too large and does not match my motor.

Can some assit with what part I'm looking for and where I can get one ASAP.

David 0433 740007
VGJONO

Re: Tappet Cover Gasket Help

Post by VGJONO »

Hey mate had a similar problem here too, do you have a 4G32 (chain drive) or a 4G32B (belt drive) the tappet cover gasket is different between the two and no matter how many times i ordered a 4G32B gasket the clowns would give me one for a 4G32.
if it is a belt drive motor then i may have the part number somewhere in the shed and i will have a look to see if i can find it for you.

Edit: got some pics
belt drive

Chain drive

Cheers
VGJONO