Lift Pumps

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
orangelancer

Lift Pumps

Post by orangelancer »

Hey all.

long story short ive got the 4g63 DOHC in the car and runnin (Y) now i have the issue of picking a lift pump. I had intended on using a Wallbro 255 in tank pump only to realize there was no way of getting it into the tank without cutting it out. (decided to cut the tank and am in the process of getting another anyone can help me). Now ive done a bit of research but i need some advice as to what you guys have used and what is the best in terms of longevity and reliability. Noise isn't an issue. So what lift pumps have you guys used.

Ive looked at the pierburg but i dont know which one to get. my current set up has a 2l surge tank and a bosche 044 (didnt realise how noisey they were) feeding the engine. just need a reliable pump to feed the surge tank.

thanks
BIG26L

Re: Lift Pumps

Post by BIG26L »

I generally us the carter pumps in a street car as they are nice and quiet and holley's in the race cars for lift pumps. 044 shouldn't be that noisey make sure you have the rubber insulation fitted around it in the clamp. That will make a huge difference.

Putting photo's up is to much drama on this site. Your more than welcome to come and have a look under mine to see whats been done if you need to. And I don't have a spare tank for you either.
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

yeh ive got the boshe mounted in a metal bracket wrapped in rubber. I was thinking I might need to put it on some rubber feet though.

What carter pump or holley pumps do you use exactly? shame you haven't got a spare fuel tank. I wonna wrap up the fuel system before I take the car to the exhaust shop. that way ill be able to drive it onto the trailer on the way back home :)
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

I'll find the carter model for you. I normally use a Holley red for a lift pump and a holley blue with a reg for anything big HP carbie fed.

If I had a spare pump I would have offered it. I don't have a spare. The race car is has a cell in it and the roadie just has a standard tank. I'd think LA/B/C tanks would have to be very similiar going by what swaps over between all models.
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

yeh please find out about the carter. I have been offered a gc fuel tank but i doubt that it would fit
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

See link below........

http://carterfuelsystems.com/fuelpumps/universal_fp.php

I usually use the rotary vane type pumps, but anything that supplies that type of fuel flow will do the job.
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

I ended up getting the carter p4070 gold. $112.60 from rocket industries