i wana see pics of what size rims people are running

This section is for 1969 to 1976 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Plymouth/Dodge/Colt Valiant/Galant/FTO/GTO/Colt/Cricket.
kenvv

i wana see pics of what size rims people are running

Post by kenvv »

i have done some searching and read all posts in the below thread and it is now locked so was unable to post there and fine it quite unhelpful anyway

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... set#p28987

but i wanted to see what size rims people are running on their galants. wana know specs also like widths, offsets, and diameter. and also keen to know what sort of suspension mods have been done if any.

mainly as im currently running the sig turbo rims and wana upgrade at some stage with some more aggressive wheels and want to see what people have done and how it looks. my gc sedan is currently running front sigma struts and brakes, nissan 720 rear diff and brakes, rotors, etc. the back end is really low but i am getting that raised at the moment as it was scrubbing on every pepple i drove over.

cheers for help people. i would like to make my car look old grandpa spec but with some sweet wheels and offset to toughen it up
vrooooom vrooooom!!
ISKA8

Re: i wana see pics of what size rims people are running

Post by ISKA8 »

hi mate,im running 19x8 all around there 215/30/19 and its never rubbed?? there made for a nissan and i just machined the front hub bigger to suit the sig..the back fits perfectly without trouble..

Image Image

i dont have any pics with them all around with tyres coz the car is still in working progress..
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
Rallyant
Location: Ringwood, Melbourne, (Newport Syd atm) & Seychelles

Post by Rallyant »

225/50/15s on sigma turbo rims in my galant with no rubbing at all. Its 2.5" off the chassis, (bumps stops removed) thats how i bought it, I will replace the bump stops with some small ones.
But i have a coupe, they have more room than the 4doors, I had rubbing with the same setup in my 4door.
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

went and found some wheels i will order once got a few more paychecks in and the car is onroad. they are 15x7 +8. and will try get some tyres stretched to minimise risk of scrubbing. im getting the car raised at the moment as it was bottoming out on the rear. but once new rims are on i will lower it to an appropriate level. if there is room i may try and fit some 15x8 +8 on the rear. but i doubt it. will just use some spacers if want them out a bit further.
vrooooom vrooooom!!
Rallyant

Post by Rallyant »

should look nice!
any pics of your machine on here? I wonna see it, the small avitar is teasing me!
rob020

Post by rob020 »

235/45 17's dont quite fit :(
tyre hits the bottom sprinch perch..
i wonder if coilovers would help?

"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

15 x 8 , 0 offset with stretched 195/50/15

running sigma gj suspension
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

webby

Post by webby »

195/50 on an 8 looks perfect IMO :)
I borrowed my mate's 16x8 +0 with 205/45 and 16x8.5 -12 with 215/45 for a week, didn't scrub or hit on anything unless I hit a bump or pothole really hard. That's on a Scorpion at stock height though, they have fairly massive guards compared to Galants lol
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
SIKMAR

Post by SIKMAR »

Hi there mate i am running 17x8 rims and with standard struts all i did was buy some spacers and never had it scrub on me and now car is gettin a oldies look to it so wheels and spacers are just sittin in shed now i was helped by the tyre factory thanx best of luck
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

awesome, the above photos are exactly what i wanted to see. maybe i will go for the 15x8 +8. zero offset it i little to noticeable with the SA police.

i will put up a thread of the car once i have my own photos of the it. its been at the mechanic since the day i bought it. hopefully pick it up this week. but then still not going to drive it until it is dyno tuned. once that is all completed i will start a build thread. just probably going to get wheels, tinting, respray, and venetians and it should be finished and daily driven i think.

cheers for the pics. they were very helpful. are the GC sedans the same guard size etc as the above pic? cheers
vrooooom vrooooom!!
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

rob020 wrote:235/45 17's dont quite fit :(
tyre hits the bottom sprinch perch..
i wonder if coilovers would help?

do the make coilovers to suit the front end of gc sedans? ive never found any yet. any similar sort of mods to stiffen up the rear end
vrooooom vrooooom!!
rob020

Post by rob020 »

you can get generic coilover sleeve kits off ebay pretty cheap...
if your using GH struts, the strut tubes are 54mm, closest coilover sleeve size i could find is 55mm

the back being leaf sprung.. you wouldnt want to stiffen the ride via the shocks or youll rip the mounts clean out of the car, lol..
in the back of my lancer ive got 3 leafs on each side... ill get a pic for you

my yellow sedan
my red hatch
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

so you need to get gh sigma coilover sleeves? i havent seen them on ebay before. unless they are international seller which i dont normally look at. may look into it. or just try to buy some stiffer springs for the front
vrooooom vrooooom!!
rob020

Post by rob020 »

theyre not listed as being for sigmas, theyre generic
http://www.otomoto.com.au/HDSystems/sleevekits.htm

*edit* they make them in 45mm, 48mm, 51mm and 55mm internal diameter, might have some to fit gc struts?
Last edited by rob020 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rallyant

Post by Rallyant »

Just stick with your lancer struts, I assume there much like the Galant struts?

There smaller OD than the Sigma struts, so the cheapest way to get springs and threaded sleeves is from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SUSPENSION-COILO ... 563f064e72
Thats what I did, Pics here See how I made my coil overs here, http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2528
The springs with that kit are probably a little stiffer than you will want for street use tho, but perfect for the track
Get the rest from otomoto as rob was saying.
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

cheers mate, i had a quick browse of your build thread. its a little in depth for me at the moment to try and do something like that. might just try find some stiffer springs for the now and maybe look into it down the track. just hoping if i get 15x7 or 8 +8 wheels that they will be fine to run on the galant with the sigma struts and brakes. also hoping they will clear the 720 rotors on the rear. maybe have them on in a month or so. that would be perfect
vrooooom vrooooom!!