Battery in boot

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
milotan

Battery in boot

Post by milotan »

Has anyone relocated their battery to the boot of a gh sigma?
Photos where it is mounted would be appreciated
damian

Re: Battery in boot

Post by damian »

mounted one in the cabin behind passenger seat, but not in the boot.

wherever you put it, just make sure it's secured well, and vented to the outside of the car to prevent a possible build up of (explosive) gases, and this will also satisfy Mr Plod.
venting to outside is often a simple matter of drilling a holeu the bottom of the box and thru the car body, sand then running a bit of plastic hose through it.
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Mount it in the boot where ever you want to. Just dont put it in a position that is hard to get to incase it needs jump starting or changing.
A dry cell battery is the better way to go aswell. No build up of fumes, spilt acid etc...
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

foxpsi

Post by foxpsi »

as above as long as its easy to get to in a battery box , secure and fused or on a trip switch its all good.
if you are in nsw i am happy to do the relocation for you..
It's four and a half hammers across!!!
A112H

Post by A112H »

Mine is in the boot on my hardtop. It is a 660cca big sucker and runs a zero g wire to the starter. I also have zero g earths from the battery to the rear bumper mounts and one from the engine to the strut mounts. I have a spare I was going to run from the gearbox to the body but it isn't needed.