Need a quote, and willing to pay for it :D

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
Lowmion

Need a quote, and willing to pay for it :D

Post by Lowmion »

I own a 1984 Galant Turbo 2000 that I'm currently taking Zoom Tuning aka Flavio Sibilla to VCAT over, due to the fire damage in my other post.

Now in VCAT Flavio (aka Zoom Tuning) is repeatedly trying his level best to convince the Judge that my Galant Turbo 2000 is in fact a very common everyday Gj sigma thats worth and I quote "$200 - $900" depending on its condition, that he tryed to convince me it was a worthless car, not worth repairing as they're so common, but to help me out he rebuilt it for a mere $4000, alll the while trying to convince me of my error but I insisted type thing.

So to back up his rather tall tale, he produced redbook price guide quotes for a standard Gj sigma which was priced $900, and said see your Honour the cars not worth anything.

Now I have searched the web looking for a similar car in australia and the ONLY one I have found (this some time ago now) is a beaten up manual version with analog dash, a Belmont version if you wish, which the owner wanted I think $5k for?

So I need to find someone that imports Mitsubishi's from Japan, that can quote the purchase price of the vehicle, the cost of shipping it to australia and the cost of getting it compliance.

I realise that this is a fair amount of work to supply the quote, so will of course pay for it, the quote must be supplied by a registered car importer.

I also need a quote for a fully restored GSR GJ sigma's value (ie Tuffsigs) so that I can show the court that Flavio aka Zoom Tuning has been trying to lead the court up the proverbial garden path when it comes to his "30 years of experience " valuations.

To refresh your collective memories of what my car used to look like pre- Flavio aka Zoom Tuning, I've posted some pic's :D

and this last one was taken at his place with the 4G63b turbo motor running but not run in, untuned, and numerous loom errors - which he said he'ld fix with the final tune

Don't try to insure a 1984 Galant Turbo 2000 with RACV, they'll insist that it only came out with a super charger, and that the turbo is an illegal mod........
geezer101

Re: Need a quote, and willing to pay for it :D

Post by geezer101 »

These kind of A-Holes don't give up... Is there any chance of tracking your car's history by the compliance plate? Surely the fact it's not carrying an aust delivered plate would help you? Chase down the option codes to prove this is a factory spec car. Hope someone can help you fight this.
Lowmion

Post by Lowmion »

it's not my cars history that I've got to prove but the real cost of buying another one, Flav aka Zoom Tuning is suggesting to the court that I could waltz into Car City and buy one for under a grand, so that's why I've got to supply a proper quote - besides I'm going to have to buy anotherone to fix mine.

Ps independant rear suspension and 4 wheel disk brakes factory standard on this model , any australian sigmas have that?

Don't try to insure a 1984 Galant Turbo 2000 with RACV, they'll insist that it only came out with a super charger, and that the turbo is an illegal mod........
A112H

Post by A112H »

I would suggest getting a quote from Shannon's for insurance. Of course don't mention the damage and see how much they are willing to insure it for
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

id say the price would have to be comparable to a very smick starion... $3000 -5000?
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Here is one for $3500 but was for sale for $4000 for ages. Maybe contact him
http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehi ... Z282858292
Lowmion

Post by Lowmion »

Nice, gotta love that wing, shall be calling him/her - although factory standard wasnt a drop tank, or intercooler, and it's missing the overriders so shall be interested to see what model it is - but even if it's a mock-up is a indication of what a running gsr is worth these days, not the $900 Flav/Zoom Tuning was suggesting.

As for insurance - Lumley Special Vehicles (Wesfarmers General Insurance Limited) where willing to insure the car - unseen, for $6.5k and for $10k they needed it to be fitted with aftermarket a 5 point alarm system, immobiliser , and gps system which also included central locking etc, and of course they needed to inspect it. They also however judged it as a classic vehicle (more than 25 yrs old) which meant that if it was damaged, stolen or caught fire, I'ld retain the vehicle or whats left, as well as get the insurance. I'ld recommend them to anyone. The quote was for 19th of January 2009, 32 days before Flav started working on it and approximately 168 days before the fire :D

However as the loom hadnt been finished - I couldnt get the alarm wired in till it was - which meant it wasnt insured when it went up in flames.

But that still doesnt provide the court with an accurate appraisal of the cost of buying , importing, and compliancing a replacement, hence the need for a quote, as if you pay enough you can insure anything for any price.

What would you buy Tuffsig's pride and joy for?

Here's another shot of that car

I think that it's the english version, dunno, still awesome to see even if it's modified.
brendon

Post by brendon »

don't know or can reccommend them...but have you tried either of these guys?

http://www.ironchefimports.com/site/index.php
(hes a galant/legnum AKA mitsubishi fan, so he might be more inclined to help you out)

http://www.j-spec.com.au/
(have seen some older cars (GTOs, FTOs) on this site but nothing like yours was
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
Lowmion

Post by Lowmion »

Thanks Brendon, have sent off an email to Iron Chef Imports, I have also spoken to the owner of the red mitsubishi in the picture, it's still for sale and for all intent and purposes appears to be a similar model, will be in touch with him later to see just how much modification he's done to it :D
tubby

Post by tubby »

have you tried NZ? they got heaps more cool stuff, mitsubishi wise. and no language barrier. might be worth a shot? good luck dude.
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
Lowmion

Post by Lowmion »

that's a good idea, thnx mate :D