Tunning a carby setup for 2.6l turbo

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
falzons85

Tunning a carby setup for 2.6l turbo

Post by falzons85 »

Hi all. I've recently rebuilt a 2.6l engine for my gh sigma turbo and Ive decided to keep the standard carby setup on it. I started it up the other day and took it for a drive and it seems like it's gonna go great but it could do with a tune up. Is anyone else running this setup? Is there much difference going fuel injection? Any tips and info would be greatly appreciated. I've also got a gh sigma with a vr4 turbo in it for sale it was in issue 141 of hot 4s if anyone is interested. Email me at sdfalzon@mcs.net.au. Kind regards. Steve
rob020

Re: Tunning a carby setup for 2.6l turbo

Post by rob020 »

standard sigma turbo setup??

i was blowing through a 32/36 weber and i had a horrible time trying to get it to run right, i think it was mainly the progressive throttle... i had some results using a 350 holley... where both butterflys open at the same time, but now ive got a haltech :)

ive heard suck through is alot easier to tune because your not working with pressure differential, just flow..
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out