Ok, has ANYONE done a GJ SE auto to manual???

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
H8DAG8

Re: Ok, has ANYONE done a GJ SE auto to manual???

Post by H8DAG8 »

trainzkid88 wrote:your model i.e. gj, gk, gn etc should be part of your vin (body) number WHICH IS STAMPED INTO THE FIREWALL for instance MMA GN 1243 678 THIS IS NOT AN PROPER NUMBER BUT IT SHOULD BE IN THE SAME SORT OF FORMAT AS THAT WILL TELL YOU WHAT MODEL IT IS ALSO IT SHOULD BE ON THE COMPLIANCE PLATE AND BUILD PLATE AS THESE ARE Standard places and items on all Australian cars for the last 40 years at least. the se bit is the trim level for instance mine is 86 gn gl sedan which means it has relatively basic features standard gauges no power steer or power windows.
OK, so is the VIN number the same as the chassis number? Because the ONLY numbers on my car are the chassis num, engine num, and paint trim.....
The one stamped on the firewall is the same as the chassis num, and starts with GV. So my cars a GV? Didn't even know there was a GV Sigma??
Yes I figured out the SE was just the level of luxury of the model if you like. Thanks.