Gj still being a pain in the arse

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
pigdog85

Gj still being a pain in the arse

Post by pigdog85 »

ok the gj is still being a bitch and doesn't want to start . timing is now done, brand new battery, good fuel and start ya bastard . had it kicking over yesterday with start ya bastard but wouldn't idle just kick then die, figured there wasn't enough fuel so dumped a heap in today and gave it another stab and its back to acting like it has a flat battery. the battery is brand new and was on charge all night after yesterdays attempts . ive got the voltmeter out and tested all 3 battery's i have and they are all good.
this is starting to do my head in, we have run over all the wiring everything is where it is supposed to be , plugs,leads are good , rotor button/cap are fine so im lost. also what coils are you guys using??? no one at the auto place can figure out what coil to give me , i grabbed a Bosch GT40R of a mate who works at auto pro but from what ive been reading it isnt right. i have the elec igniton in the gj . any help guys would be great, im stumped what the problem is. :@
S1GMARE

Re: Gj still being a pain in the arse

Post by S1GMARE »

Is it actually getting spark?
Is the dizzy lined up properly? Check rotor as I have seen locator tab broken and button missing in the centre of the cap.
pigdog85

Post by pigdog85 »

shes up and running now, new starter motor and timing done runs perfect doesn't miss a beat
crystalmeths

Post by crystalmeths »

good to here Dave makes it all worth while when they burst into life :thumpsup:
pigdog85

Post by pigdog85 »

crystalmeths wrote:good to here Dave makes it all worth while when they burst into life :thumpsup:
yeah its great hearing it run, ive finally got the motivation back to finish it .