sigma's diff specs

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
thebeast

sigma's diff specs

Post by thebeast »

im looking at getting a sigma preferably the GH model 2.6L and i was wondering what the diff specs are as im going to be using it for burnout comps i used to own one and found they had a lot of power for a 4 cyl and loved the way they handled
A112H

Re: sigma's diff specs

Post by A112H »

Some are really shit and others are worse, lol
thebeast

Post by thebeast »

thanks but that doesnt really help me lol
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

get a BW from a Falcon/Commodore, run what ever ratio u like....then weld the f**k outta it!!
Built with pride, Driven in anger
thebeast

Post by thebeast »

BW as in borgwaner(not sure on spelling)? and will they bolt straight or is modification needed?
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

yeah the Borgwarner (or borgies as people sometimes call them)

they'll need shortening a lil

I've heard Nissan Skyline R31 diffs bolt in.....heaps of threads on it all to search
Built with pride, Driven in anger
thebeast

Post by thebeast »

are the BW easy to shorten or do u need a professional to do it and how strong is the skyline diff u referred to...i know when running big horsepower especially in v6 and v8 that the ford 9" diff is the best but of course thats not going to fit lol
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

The standard diff will not last - low K borg warner behind a VR4 conversion was going OK, till I tried doing a burnout. Did a single legged for about 5 seconds, then kicked doubles for for about 2 seconds before going bang in a big way. Totally shattered the insides.

A GH Scorp diff is a bolt in option, handled the VR4 fine but I wouldn't trust it to last a decent amount of time being abused constantly.

If you want something that will last I'd listen to everyone and get a larger Commodore/Falcon borg-warner or a hilux diff as a minimum and put a minispool or similar in it.

If you want something that you will never kill, and outlast the rest of the car then get a 9". Normally not recommended due to their size and weight but under these conditions I would definitely be considering one.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
thebeast

Post by thebeast »

thanks guys