My GH project

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
Lowmion

Re: My GH project

Post by Lowmion »

psshhhht wrote:thanks, I do need a heap of parts, but unfortunately no money, not helped by my stupid sonata (daily) deciding it wanted some of my attention lol
If you've got the space, and can find a complete car that's suitable, I can tow anything up to 3,000 kg's in the old girl, you'll just have to arrange car trailer hire and fuel for said beasty.

Sigma's can be found for very cheap complete just gotta keep your eyes peeled

I'll quite happily donate time and vehicle to another member in need :)
Don't try to insure a 1984 Galant Turbo 2000 with RACV, they'll insist that it only came out with a super charger, and that the turbo is an illegal mod........
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

thanks for the offer, yeah i know lots of cheap sigs around but that's just how broke i am (sponsored by centrelink). By the way, where you located?
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

SpEc_OpS wrote:
Sigmaproject wrote:.
Ummmmm, your not related to SpEc_OpS by any chance :?
Arent we lucky to have a inhouse comedian here on sigma galant :x :evil: :!:

Instead of bagging other people out y dont u congratulate him on his effort hes obviously working very hard on this car and very determined btw i think that drawing u did was awesome man would love to see that thing on the streets.

Dont listen to ppl baggin out ur ideas your building the car for u not anyone else ive given up on this website quite simply because of the 1% of tools on here bagging out my ideas. Good luck with the car dont give up on it and dont buy a vs like u were asking about pour ur money into this thing get a ford laser as a daily there reliable cheap and easy.

And btw sigma project i will return when my cars built just to shut u up.
thanks man, mate don't let the few tools get to you, and mate, if that question about being related to you totally went over my head (didn't realise it was supposed to be bagging me out) mate like you said, I'm building it for me, so I don't really give a shit about the haters, I post up here for the people who may be interested simple as that. Yeah I am thinking about a few different cars for a replacement daily, but I don't want a fwd. If i do get one, it'll probably be another twinky corolla, love those lil beasties!. Thanks for the support though, do appreciate it! :)
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

just quick update of where I'm at with it... not much progress made at all, but meh, it'll get done eventually... lol

That last one shows just some of the glue that had been used to hold the light covers in, such a pain in the butt! :evil:
81GH

Post by 81GH »

good luck with the gh,
i still wanna do my gh up someday
but at the moment mucking around with the gsr
i got mine for round 200 dollar mark too lol
body was in good condition those days.
seen better days
bein yung and stupid didnt look after it well

ive had it since i got my license 23 now.
and its still going
don't think anybody i went to school with first car is still
going.lol

i still like the look of the gh model more than any other
siggy.

:D
85GK GSR - EFI Camn

85AB GSR VR4dia- Build
SpEc_OpS

Post by SpEc_OpS »

LOL @ 81gh's avatar pic love the custom body work :shock:

I remember when my passanger door on my vs was like that after my first track day some idiot didnt obey a yellow flag and entered the corner sideways saw me locked up and perfect t boned my passangers side. My gf loved the trip home from oran park that day she was practically sitting on my lap :lol:. I remember pulling up at a set of lights and cops went thru the intersection and nearly ran up somenes arse cos they were both staring at my car :lol:
Drive It Like You Stole It

The Drifter = 99 VS Ute (Kaaz 2 way LSD + 3.8 v6 on boost :lol:)
The Old Drifter = 99 S15 Spec-R (GONE :()
The Project = 80 GH Scorp (shes getting there)
The Fourby = 92 4Runner (can climb yo mumma)
The Daily = 95 Camry (the gf gotta have a car too)
The Shitter = 89 Hiace (with ever panel customised)
The Untamed = 98 cbr 600 (nearly killed me twice but i still love her)
81GH

Post by 81GH »

lol
yeah dont go fast on a left hair pin corner
when its just starting to rain on almost bald tyres
and hit a huge street lamp
and it fall on the car lol

ye olde gh' y started first go after i smashed the fuck out of it
i just drove home
that that was a good few years ago
lol
i didnt have a good picture
of it. :D
85GK GSR - EFI Camn

85AB GSR VR4dia- Build
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

while checking out a few wheel websites, I came across these babies.. they're perfect for the look I was wanting, they look quite similar to the drawing I posted earlier in this thread... only problem is they're 18" and I doubt they'd fit the Sigma... DOH!

psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

Original drawing

With Rims edited in (real rough job, but you get the point)
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

While these aren't the same style of rim, these 17" x 7.5 Rims are 4x114.3 and +25 offset.

Very close to what you would need and legal.

Cheers.
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

yeah thanks for the link but not my style of rim. I'll keep the measurements in mind though (will be ages before I buy new rims, the current GSR 14" 4 spokers will have to do lmao). I want something as similar style as I can get to the rims in my drawing and photoedit.
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

Superscan811 wrote:While these aren't the same style of rim, these 17" x 7.5 Rims are 4x114.3 and +25 offset.

Very close to what you would need and legal.

Cheers.
that wont work on the front of a GH

My 17x7 rims with a spacer are equal to a +20 off set and required the spring platform to be clearanced, it now clears by about 5mm

If i was to move the wheel outwards it would contact the guard

the rims in the link would need 12mm spacers and the spring platformed clearanced to fit a Gh
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

well I just bought a used Autotechnica wood steering wheel and boss-kit for $51, considering all the other boss-kits i've found are $70+ alone I'm fairly happy, don't know if i'll keep the wheel itself, but it's better than the factory twirler that it currently has
TVM006

Post by TVM006 »

Hey Dude, Are you still working on this GH?
TVMDouble0h!Sixx

1985 GK GSR
Cipher124

Post by Cipher124 »

Yeah I'm intersted in this one too, I'm slowly rebuilding my GH with the 2.6 at this stage
1980 GH Chrysler Sigma SE - Project - Now with 4G54 wideblock and 5spd BW. Getting it back on the road!
2008 Volkswagen Golf 2.0 TDI Pacific - The daily

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864268/1
crystalmeths

Post by crystalmeths »

yeah me too hows this car coming along :D
si81gma

Post by si81gma »

I'm interested too. How's it going?

I bought a repair section for the front guard from Rare Spares, apparently they suit GE-GN :banh: took a day and half to get the shape right before we could even get the welder out, probably would've been easier to start with a flat sheet :hit: Good luck with it..

My guards were almost as bad as yours and the back screen was plenty rusty.. http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5449 but the only other rust on the whole car is in the front screen.. None in the doors, behind the rear wheels, or in the boot area..