driveshaft yolks heelllppp

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
crystalmeths

driveshaft yolks heelllppp

Post by crystalmeths »

Hi all I have a problem , my sons gh wagaons 5 speed manual gearbox gave up the ghost so went down the wreckers and picked up another one , problem is the drive shaft yolk doesnt fit it is too big would anyone know what type of box I have borgeworner or jap so I can get another yolk if you can get them new thanks Chris
dvsfin

Re: driveshaft yolks heelllppp

Post by dvsfin »

is it a 2L or a 2.6? if it's 2L then you will have a jap box, is reverse below 5th on the H pattern? if so then yes it is jap
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

actually I think we will need a little more info on this :S is the new box wide or narrow? did it bolt up to your motor?
crystalmeths

Post by crystalmeths »

sorry folkes , it was a 2.6 but that gave upthe ghost so I got a 2.0 liter , the same gearbox bolted up fine but that was on its way out and finaly died so found one at the wreckers yolk slides on about one cm at most then wont budge so was wondering if there are different yolk sizes thanks and regards Chris
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

lol, yeah there are a couple of different yokes that can be found in sigmas (auto/manual jap/borg)

first up, look here:
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3569
and determine whether you have a jap or borg - figure out what your working with.

If indeed your new gear box is different to your old one, post up a wanted add for the yoke your after, someone will probably have one floating around :think:
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.