Lancer wheels on Sigma

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
Astrolux

Lancer wheels on Sigma

Post by Astrolux »

Hey everyone. I am about to purchase a GJ sigma wagon next week, and i was wondering if anyone knew if my '76 lb lancer 13x7 superlite wheels will fit over the brakes on the sigma.
any help would be awesome =) so yeah just wondering how it would all go.
....../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\....
..._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_..
../_/\_\...../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\...
75wagon
Admin

Re: Lancer wheels on Sigma

Post by 75wagon »

That would depend on their offset.
Here is a pic of a 13x6 rim over a GH Sigma 2.6 strut disc combo.
The metal dust cover, that sits behind the disc just rubs in one part.
These rims have a near zero offset. I can measure the actual offset tomorrow if you require (now that I know how).

I can just fit a finger in between the caliper and the inside of the rim (it's a really tight finger fit, but it does fit).
You would at least have to trim down the dust cover, but it depends on the rim?

If they were steel rims, you wouldn't have a chance, but being alloy you might just be able to do it.

Does this help?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Astrolux

Post by Astrolux »

Thanks Dave. That post does help :) I think they might fit with a bit of modding to the dust covers.
I am not sure what the offset is on my wheels. I dont know how to measure it. I've looked at those diagram's that have been posted before in previous threads but it still boggles my mind haha.
Although if they don't fit, that is okay because i would still like to have the superlites on my lancer, and one of my mates has some r31 rims he wants to sell to me cheap, which i also heard fit?...
Now that ill have my sigma as a daily driver i can now spend more time working on the lancer, flaring guards and such so the superlites fit properly under the guards :P
But cheers for posting, it has been some good useful information. But once i get it i will just have to wait and see :D

Btw: That celeste is VERY nice!!

James.
....../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\....
..._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_..
../_/\_\...../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\...
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Astrolux wrote:one of my mates has some r31 rims he wants to sell to me cheap, which i also heard fit?...
Yep they do.
I measured an R31 up the other day to see if my Rota Grids would fit. Would you believe there is more room, hub to strut, on a Sigma then on an R31?
I did that measurement, because I saw the wheels I bought on an R31 on ebay.

Good luck with doing what you can with the wheels. I hope it works out for you.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Astrolux

Post by Astrolux »

Nice!!
Thanks for the help man.
I'll Have to post some sweet pics when i get it :D