Heat shields

This section is for 1976 to 1987 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt Galant/Sigma/Lonsdale.
ralliartsigma

Heat shields

Post by ralliartsigma »

Hey,
While im not too busy at work (and while i still have a job....) i was going to make up a few turbo heat shields.
So if anyone has close up photos, dimentions etc of the factory sigma heat shields could you post them here or foward them to me please?

Thanks heaps
Trent
'83 GJ Wagon my baby, but sadly not driven enough.
'94 MJ Triton my daily in the colder months.
'81 GH Turbo No. 105 (WIP)
'81 GH Turbo No. 017
MRSIGMATURBO

Re: Heat shields

Post by MRSIGMATURBO »

Hi Trent, if it is not to late, i could possibly help out with that, as i am busy with work i wont get around to it till Sunday, there are also a fair few bends and angles to contend with! As one of my Sigma turbo's is missing one of its shields( the little known about one under the carby), i may need to get one made up by you. Cheers, Gus.
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

I have seen a couple of home made heat shield. The main one around the master cylinder will end up looking dodgy. Too many cuts, bends and welds.

The stainless stamped factory originals are probably the best looking heat shields around.
sigtool

Post by sigtool »

hey mate were are located? my car is in peices so if your in brissy you can borrow mine for reverse engineering.

cheers
"Boosted is The Only Way To Live"
<Sigma Turbo No.177 >
<96 Astron Powered Triton>
<81 GJ Scorpion>
ralliartsigma

Post by ralliartsigma »

Sorry for the slow reply all, warmer weather and the days (and nights) are getting very busy, not to mention ive bought a new motorbike and im never home (H)
sigtool wrote:hey mate were are located? my car is in peices so if your in brissy you can borrow mine for reverse engineering.

cheers
Im in Tassie buddy, thanks heaps for the offer tho... Photos would still be very handy.
Sigmaproject wrote:I have seen a couple of home made heat shield. The main one around the master cylinder will end up looking dodgy. Too many cuts, bends and welds.

The stainless stamped factory originals are probably the best looking heat shields around.
Ive aquired :D some "Alloy laminate" heat sheilding that is use on most new cars underbody for Heat Sheilding and sound deadening around the Headers and/or Cat and/or Exhaust run. (Its got a Layer of Fiberglass sandwitched between 2 bits Aluminium sheet) It will work heaps better then stainless and still look good but I still want to keep it some way standard. Ive got access to guillotine, bender and work with a few fitters/boilermakers that can weld stainless for me no worries.
MRSIGMATURBO wrote:Hi Trent, if it is not to late, i could possibly help out with that, as i am busy with work i wont get around to it till Sunday, there are also a fair few bends and angles to contend with! As one of my Sigma turbo's is missing one of its shields( the little known about one under the carby), i may need to get one made up by you. Cheers, Gus.
If i have some luck making them and they look ok, shouldn't be too much hassle to knock up one or two more.

Thanks
Cheers Trent
'81 GH Turbo No. 017
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

im in tassie as well. would be good to see ur work. i reckon i have all factory heat sheilds lying around including the one under the carby. where in tassie are you?

Paddles
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
EVL076
S-G Veteran

Post by EVL076 »

Paddles wrote:im in tassie as well. would be good to see ur work. i reckon i have all factory heat sheilds lying around including the one under the carby. where in tassie are you?

Paddles

he is launceston way, trent is the one who brought my carby turbo set up :thumpsup:
Image Image
ralliartsigma

Post by ralliartsigma »

Sorry Brett... the gear is still sitting on the engine stand all dummied up under a blanket ready to go :D The time line has been pushed back a bit as im putting my ZZR250 back together in the next few weeks, i need to make room for the 2lt turbo block first (way too much shit lying around! :$ )
'81 GH Turbo No. 017