how much is my lancer worth??

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
chargerjoel1974

how much is my lancer worth??

Post by chargerjoel1974 »

Hi all
I have a 1979 lancer coupe. It needs a restore. Has a bit of rust to fix and needs a new motor. Would make a great drag car or prodject car. Can anyone tell me what sort of money i should be looking at selling it for as i have no idea.
Thanks Chris
A112H

Re: how much is my lancer worth??

Post by A112H »

$15.80
chargerjoel1974

Thats worth about $15 more than your comment. :|
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

I was gonna $7.50 and an empty 4 seasons wrapper
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
chargerjoel1974

ahhh, So its worth about $7-45 more than a Ford Transit?
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

amgis_obrut wrote:I was gonna $7.50 and an empty 4 seasons wrapper

How bout $7.00 and the contents of said 4 seasons wrapper... :|
'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

A serious answer would involve seeing detailed pics of the car.
You might be able to judge yours off what I just sold http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8452

What state are you in?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

chargerjoel1974 wrote:ahhh, So its worth about $7-45 more than a Ford Transit?
yes its worth -38 more than a transit
chargerjoel1974

Thanks 75 wagon,
Finally a serious answer. I am on the gold coast and was going to ask around $900 to $1000 as it needs a fair bit of work. I am a member on another forum where we help each other! I have built 3 motors from the forum with one in excess of 600 hp. I was told about this website to answer my question as the last lancer I had was 20 years ago. I can’t believe the sarcastic people on here who are not willing to help. Thank you for your help. Sounds like i am on the right track for my price.
Cheers Maca
chargerjoel1974

Hi all
What motor will fit my lancer with out any major mods?
I had one of the 1st chrysler sigmas to come out when i was a lad and that little motor took everything i threw at it. It was a gre8 motor. A few years later we owned some astron motors but werent so lucky with them. Are these motors not very good or did i just have a bad run with them?
If someone could please let me know what engines will fit i can keep an eye out for one just incase the lancer doesnt sell.
any ideas would be appreciated.
cheers
A112H

Post by A112H »

Your Lancer should have a 1600 Saturn in it at the moment so pretty much any Saturn will be a bolt in affair, the 1600 is the biggest though.
Sigma's usually ran Astron's, the 1600 Saturn was available but very few were made. Most were 2.0 or 2.6 Astrons.
Sounds like you have had a bad run with Astrons, a well maintained one should be as reliable as anything else.
The Astron is a bolt in conversion with a few minor changes needed to wiring for the alterator. If you look for a narrow block your gearbox will fit, if you find a wide block you will need a gearbox to suit.

Check these links for more info
http://sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=2206

http://sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=3636
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

Your Lancer should have a 1600 Saturn in it at the moment so pretty much any Saturn will be a bolt in affair, the 1600 is the biggest though
There are 2 larger Saturn motors, the 4G35 and 4G37 though they are a bit harder to come by.
1976 Galant Hardtop
chargerjoel1974

thanks guys
What model cars did they come in. I guess galants sigmas and lancers from around early 70s to maybe 79? as to find a motor i may need to buy an wreak. Are these worth rebuilding or are parts hard to come by now.
cheers greg
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

chargerjoel1974 wrote: I can’t believe the sarcastic people on here who are not willing to help. Thank you for your help. Sounds like i am on the right track for my price.
Cheers Maca
Sarcastic ? i was being serious !

Who makes a thread like this without posting a pic of the car ? we help each other on this forum also but if you dont give details we cant help so until that time its worth what Jason has offered $15.80

are you dry and anally retentive on the other forum ? but seriously if you cant take a bit of a joke your going to have a shit time on this forum

Btw the members here have sigmas and galants so we all know nothing and our cars are slow
chargerjoel1974

amgis_obrut
There have been a few very polite and helpful people who have helped through messages to me with the information I posted. I posted, make and model, it had rust, needed to be restored and needed another motor. They guided me using this information. Obviously these people are a lot smarter than you!
There is a massive difference between Sarcasm and having a joke with someone. Your reaction just goes to show your intentions.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

i'll agree with you there chargerjoel.........you just copped alot of rubbish straight off the bat

but look at it from there perspective, u've asked what a car is worth with some brief discriptions and no pitcures to go by

It's like me asking for ur advise on the price of my Fairlane, mind u its a 2003 model with a dint in the rear guard and bigger brakes.....how much iis it worth then?????? your gonna ask me for more specific details and a pic of the car.........i mean honestly...would u buy a car without looking at it?????? same principles apply

I'm sorry u copped rubbish when trying to ask an honest and serious question..........but u can ask a blind man for directions

if u post a few pics of the car question, u'll get serious answers....maybe even offers.......good luck with the car
Built with pride, Driven in anger
chargerjoel1974

Fair comment Scorpma82
If i can get about 900 for it i will sell it but if not i will find a motor and keep it for my son. He wants me to put a v6 commodore motor in it as we just finished putting one in a shorty. :)
I would prefer to just get a bolt in application (sigma motor) as i spend enough time fixing all the other stuff he breaks.
cheers Greg
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

problem is theres always people asking these questions on this forum some cars are neat and some are real shit tins but most of the time they're described like yours so i dont think giving a price on something without seeing it first is smart at all

the response you got was pretty standard in regards to the description you gave

anyway good luck with your sale
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

chargerjoel1974 wrote:Hi all
I have a 1979 lancer coupe. It needs a restore. Has a bit of rust to fix and needs a new motor. Would make a great drag car or prodject car. Can anyone tell me what sort of money i should be looking at selling it for as i have no idea.
Thanks Chris

Is this the one that sold on ebay about 2 weeks ago.if so sorry we couldn't get down to look at it, we were looking for a spare.The price would depend on the condition (as always) but from what you've said I'd pay you between 500 and 1000 but only if it has a manual transmission...did it have the chrome side mirrors?>J