twin su's for a saturn

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
turbol200

twin su's for a saturn

Post by turbol200 »

hi just woundering if theres manifolds to suit a chain drive saturn to run twin su's, iv got some in the shed from my mate, i wana run em on my wagon, i have thought about geing a manifold modded to suid but a proper one would be beter, cheers any help would be good pics would be sweet as to lol cheers again
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
davetrees

Re: twin su's for a saturn

Post by davetrees »

Do you mean actual SUs, or the Aisan HF40D carbs (basically an SU copy) that came on the Colt AIIGS ? As per pic below ...

Not sure if the mounting pattern is the same ?

There is a manifold for the Aisans (although not common as they were never released here with that carb setup)

Carbs above are for sale, btw ... but I don't have a manifold for them. I may be able to source a set complete with manifold though, if you are genuinely interested ? PM me if you are fair dinkum about wanting a set
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

i have a set of su's with manifold if you want
turbol200

Post by turbol200 »

shuggy wrote:i have a set of su's with manifold if you want
i may be mate, have you got any pics of em at all ? and what kinda coin would you want for em ? cheers
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

van get pics - have had them running and were a touch sticky $250 for both with manifold???
turbol200

Post by turbol200 »

ok keen to have a look at the pics mate
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

they the ones you got off me shuggy?
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
tandanus

Post by tandanus »

HF40Ds are the go IF you have all the parts and some spare seals as well AND you havent done too much to the motor AND you want something original. In my experience you'd best buy a couple of pairs and build one good set. Parts are made of unobtainium. SUs are more adaptable.
BTW, there should be isolators between the carbs and manifold, and a pair of vacuum operated butterflies (not pictured). Make sure the seals at the bottom of the float bowl actually seal. Also I think there are 2 different models with different flanges to the isolators, so make sure you match them up. Also damper valves that seem to work fine on the bench may not work when fitted in the carb. When you get them working they sound COOL. (But different from DCOEs)
Ask me how I know :roll:
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

yeh mate how much did i get them off you for i dont remember? and are they SU or asians? or something else?