speedo issue

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
13bsigma

speedo issue

Post by 13bsigma »

so on my drive back up to the gold coast i got a fine for doing 128 in a 100 zone. . apparently my speedo is out by a fair wack.. went to chip torque to get it analysed, but the girl said that she doesn't think they can adjust it cos its not EFI'd.. what a crap excuse for 'i dont know that type of car' if you ask me..

i though i saw somewhere on here something about speedo adjustments.. is this possible and how can it be done in simple to explain terms for people who dont understand our passion/type of car lol. . should have just said it has a starion box.. cos they were EFI and basically have a jap box lol.. seen what excuse she would have used then lol..

P.S. i have a 5 speed jap box out of a GE sigma... :) i did a manual conversion for those of you who dont know. . i swapped over the speedo cable and box out of my manual GE.. not only are the gears different, but i also looked up the diff ratios and the manual and auto ratios are diferent, so that would throw it out further.. and having 17 inch wheels, so i have to get it adjusted... i want it to be right :) think its out by 12 to 15%
1978 GE sigma 57,000kms the toy called silvia. comming to the Gold Coast soon.
1978 GE sigma 87,000kms spare parts for the toy
1996 suzuki baleno turbo. $32,000 invested in it. $22,000 in the engine. $10,000 in sound
1996 suzuki baleno GTX. getting shaved and resprayed soon and receiving turbo engine
1980 GH sigma AKA JET.51G 18 PSI of T04 injected power.
rob020

Re: speedo issue

Post by rob020 »

might be covered in the scorpion worshop manual on here?
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
LEE

Re: speedo issue

Post by LEE »

Ive got the same problem running a gh scorp auto diff with a jap 5 speed about 15kph out