What's you daily?

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
DanTurboLancer

Re: What's you daily?

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Ahh so it doesnt come with the factory Lipstick dispensor like the F series?? ;-)
A112H

Post by A112H »

No Not quite, but the sunroof is large enough for a husky gentleman, lol
coltspeed2000

Post by coltspeed2000 »

We all know the feeling of freedom that comes when we sit down behind the wheel and take to the open road.

There is only one thing that brings me crashing down from that feeling...traffic :banh:

Granted it's not so bad now I live in Necastle rather than Sydney but traffic is the reason my daily is Cityrail!!! ;-)

Ned
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Haha Great Automatic cruise control for you Ned! :)
76gdwagon

Post by 76gdwagon »

i ride the old push bike atm
while saving to do my head gasket
when its going i dirve sig-ute
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

EVL076 wrote:Suzuki GSXR 750 will once again be my daily mode of transport :thumpsup:

i ride the exact same bike still factory white red and black. were did you get the red screen screen from.
gb galant efi 2.6 track toy
gj sedan hack car
Tj.

Post by Tj. »

My daily drive is a Ford Focus XR5 Turbo.
I'm a member of fordxr5turbo.com and they, like this place, are a cool bunch of people. Been on a few cruises too, pretty social group.
In fact this shot's from a recent cruise we did down the south coast, very close to the wollongong cruise that was run recently (you guys did a shot in the exact same space at stanwell tops)

Mines the orange one closest on the left.

Current mods are just a K&N CAI and a Dreamsceince flash tune. Haven't had it dyno'd but going by others that have with similar mods it should be running about 170Kw 400ish Nm at the wheels.

The galant coupe is actually my GF's daily driver :hit: well... it was, the engine pooed itself and shes now tearing around in an '84 colt :lol: 4G63 DOHC N/A is on it's way though :thumpsup:
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
boyracer

Post by boyracer »

I drive the family hack Ford Falcon AUII Wagon Forte, need to get GC Galant Wagon on the road
don't like paying for the fuel bill for the Falcon, biggest thing I carry is a surfboard. Got a little
welding to do and then hopefully Slimer will put some fresh paint on the GC.
3x la lancer 2door
2x gc galant hardtop
1x gc galant wagon
webby

Post by webby »

My feet again lol
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
pistorf

Post by pistorf »

My daily is normally a 1988 Telstar TX5 Turbo but it needs a clutch.Otherwise I drive the other halfs car,a 5.7l VX Calais fuel guzzler.
I have a mint 37000mile GA Galant that my mother is using while I repair and respray her VZ Crumpledoor after she was hit by a kangaroo. The Galant will be transformed into my rally car when I get the time and money to do it.(It would be sooner if some low life didn't steal all my good bits)
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

pistorf wrote:I have a mint 37000mile GA Galant that my mother is using while I repair and respray her VZ Crumpledoor after she was hit by a kangaroo. The Galant will be transformed into my rally car when I get the time and money to do it.(It would be sooner if some low life didn't steal all my good bits)
It's a shame someone took all you good bits, but I don't know how you can turn a mint 37000mile original car into a rally car. I think that's a crime... :o

But it's your car I suppose so do what you want...

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
tandanus

Post by tandanus »

Yeah - I have a GA Galant here that you can turn into a rally car (even has brackets welded to the chasis to take a bull-bar - and you can have the bullbar too) - maybe we could do a swap? Straight, rust free, wagon leafs and rear sway bar, needs paint. I'll throw in a good 4G32 and 4speed :D
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
ted

Post by ted »

I drive a proton satria that sports a 120hp 4g92,4-2-1 extractors and full madrel bent exhaust, m21 4wd brakes,mitsi evo 2 steering rack, lowered on king springs
it goes well slowly pulls away from a 3.5 magna not bad for a stock setup hahaha
SE Wagon

Post by SE Wagon »

leoca wrote:Image

1985 Mitsubishi Starion JB.
Just had her repainted.Dust cover goes on everyday at the moment...
That's a great looking Starion. That's your daily?

My Sigma is my daily, and unfortunately, the poor bugger is now relegated to live outside - again.

I'm between jobs at the moment - new job will knock 5 or 6 km off the daily commute.
(Formerly) 1984 GK SE Wagon
Kings, Konis, EFI, exhaust. Not much power. :( But it is red! :D And Sold...
Member's Rides Thread
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

Nice wagon. :thumpsup:

Unfortunately cars from this era dont like being left out in all weathers. Mine has pride of place in the shed :thumpsup: . My Suburu and 1 Tonner are in the open.
The Tonner was in perfect nick, always garaged until I move house about 5 years ago. It has gone downhill since them. Paint has crazed and lost all of its shine :$
Everybody needs a 4 car garage
SE Wagon

Post by SE Wagon »

Unfortunately, my Sigma is my sh!tter - it's the expendable one.

I'm considering putting a carport where it's parked - I guess I should be chasing that up while I have time on my hands.
(Formerly) 1984 GK SE Wagon
Kings, Konis, EFI, exhaust. Not much power. :( But it is red! :D And Sold...
Member's Rides Thread
webby

Post by webby »

I park my Scorpion under the tree on the front lawn (when it's going, which is rarely :@ ), but the paint's farked and it's probably just going to end up matte black anyway so I'm not overly worried about weathering etc. So long as it's quick, low and has cool 14-15in rims I don't care lol
I ride my pushie, it's a 1980's BMX with a rather interesting blue, yellow, red, black and primer grey paint job and handlebars that make it impossible to do BMX things on it
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889