HELP!!!

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
krohny

HELP!!!

Post by krohny »

what the hell is the difference between a 4g32 and g32b? i have a g32b that i just got a twin dellorto set up for, in all the pictures i can find mine is different.. it has a groove that runs the length of the intake manifold that i assume is for coolant to run? if so can i block it off..? might even be part of the EGR system.. i dont know!
75wagon
Admin

Re: HELP!!!

Post by 75wagon »

in all the pictures i can find mine is different.. it has a groove that runs the length of the intake manifold that i assume is for coolant to run?
what's the chances of seeing photo's of what you mean.

The 4G32 is chain drive for the camshaft
The 4G32B is belt drive for the camshaft

I have both types of motors. The belt drive motor has another port in the intake side of the head for EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation). Weber and Dellorto manifolds don't have EGR. The head I have has had the EGR hole blocked. (have I answered your question?)

I can post photo's if you need to show you the difference.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
krohny

Post by krohny »

pictures would be good! cheers..
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

These photos are shit but they might help

4G32B front view....missing some bits but you get the idea

4G32 front view.....as fitted to my car

4G32B intake side view.......the hole between the 2nd and 3rd intake port is the EGR port. It is blocked on this head.

4G32 intake side view.....early non EGR head fitted to GA to GC galant models would be the same as an LA lancer I assume?

4G32 intake side view......Later EGR head fitted to GD galant onwards would be same as LB lancer and LB lancer Hatch

I had an import 4G32B once and it had a 12 valve head. the extra 4 valves were EGR but the rockers had the actuators removed so they never opened.
Does any of this help?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Damn those photo's are shit..
krohny

Post by krohny »

the 4g32b pic of the intake side is the same as mine.. see the groove that runs along the top of the ports.. what is that for?
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I'm pretty confident that it is only for coolant.
krohny

Post by krohny »

shit. my new manifold doesnt cover it up..
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

just plug the holes.
They'd only be to even out the temp in the manifold.
krohny

Post by krohny »

ha ha ha.. gonna have plugs all over the place! but if that coolant doesnt flow will it get too hot in there? although they are pretty small holes..
krohny

Post by krohny »

sweet as! i can see the light.. again! thanks heaps for the help!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Don't think it will be a problem, after all the original ones didn't have them at all.
krohny

Post by krohny »

thats true, so this must be a later model 32..? i bought it of cheaterparts for 50 bucks, had no idea what it was out of..
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

How many valves does it have? It might even be an import.

my 4G32 chain drive is an import, had to get the motor inspected by the RTA to get it registered. They didn't recognise it....
krohny

Post by krohny »

pretty sure it only has 8.. cant say i really took any notice when i had it apart though..
it just says G32B then under that it says EE5902. i did think an engine number should be longer than that though..