Is a Sigma manual steering box the same as a Scorpion?

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Lummy

Is a Sigma manual steering box the same as a Scorpion?

Post by Lummy »

I'm switching from P/S in my Scorpion to manual steering, but I'm having a bit of trouble finding a steering box.

If the Sigma steering box is the same, I should be able to locate one pretty easily.

Cheers.
Cottees
Admin

Re: Is a Sigma manual steering box the same as a Scorpion?

Post by Cottees »

Where about are you located? In SA there is U-Pull-It, and there is plenty of Sigmas and Scorpions. I think the other states have places that are the same. I am not 100% sure, but I think that many of the Sigma parts will fit the Scorpion, and vice versa.
sillbeer

Post by sillbeer »

Sorry to pull up an old thread, but does anyone know if there's any other Mitsubishis that have the same steering box as the sigma? As these are getting harder to find it would be great to know as an alternative to looking for old sigma shells with steering boxes that have the adjusters wound right down.

Cheers
Brendan
NateD

Post by NateD »

I think the little Mitsubishi pickup truck made during the same years used the same steering.

The Montero uses a lot of other parts that are the same, especially engine parts.
84GSR

Post by 84GSR »

Sigma box should drop straight into a scorpion.I'm using a scorpion PWR STR box in my Sigma,so things should fit the other way as well.