What web site do you search for parts?

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
A112H

What web site do you search for parts?

Post by A112H »

As the title suggest's I was wondering what website people are searching/buying parts from.
I mainly scope eBay and trade me and also check in on Yahoo Japan from time to time but unless you use a broker or know someone in Japan it is impossable to buy anything from.
ghuphill

Re: What web site do you search for parts?

Post by ghuphill »

mate i have had most my luck from ebay but most parts i buy i have to ask ,its like a bit of detective work really!!! but 2 member from this site came through and the parts were exelent, and its not going to get any easier :facepalm: but most mechanical parts are still easily available ,wether its sigma or galant.
A112H

Post by A112H »

I expected a fair bit of feedback on this one. Does nobody look internationally for parts and just sticks to eBay, trading post and stuff like that? Or is it a case of not wanting to share secret's?
I know there must be a trading post/yahoo/eBay/trade me sort of thing in China and Malaysia, things like that????
woops

Post by woops »

I take a look on eBay Aus and US and also trademe but looking anywhere just becomes logistically too difficult. There isn't too much that you can't get on those sites that you would be able to get anywhere else. Yes Yahoo Japan may have heaps of good stuff but it's logistically too difficult to get it here.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
colta51

Post by colta51 »

iv got stuff from oldschool cebu and oldschool pilipinas and sumtimes just parts has a goody or too :D
i offen look on the philo ebay site and serch for dodge colt stuff thay hav heaps of nos and usa too!
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

ebay is great but you can still get most mechanical parts from repco bursons etc, i usually use ebay for panels or cars in general or the local paper for wrecks.
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
rob020

Post by rob020 »

yea i just hit ebay, trademe and gumtree.. and boostcruising classifieds
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
84GKSIG
Admin

Post by 84GKSIG »

gumtree, sigma-galant :D and sometimes being tricky with search terms brings up interesting things

M.B :thumpsup:
webby

Post by webby »

RockAuto, eBay AU and US, trademe, Yahoo Auctions Japan (I know a broker), JNC, AE86DC, Auszoku, JDMST and here for the most part. I'll occasionally check Boostlosing classifieds, but unless you want hektix chromies or Commodore parts there's rarely anything good there :lol:
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
RaptorReed

Post by RaptorReed »

Ebay AU/US, JNC, GalantVR4.org(it's all the E38A/E39A VR4s, find my G63 parts), EvoM, ClassicColt, Rockauto, occasionally SG.
Tim
94 Montero SR
79 GE Sigma Wagon
76 Galant Coupe
92 Galant VR4
88 Fiji Blue Starion
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

Does anybody have any luck with physical searching....in the likes of car/trade shows, race meetings, swap meets (particularly the ones out in the country)

or even just speaking to people who have a history of building mitsubihsis/chryslers.......i've found out that no matter how much you know of a particular car......someone always has a little hint/tip/trick up their sleeve that they have exposed in their experiences....

Certainly not dissing the search sited on the internet (ebay in particular).....they really are the best way to search by far........but i would'nt just rely on a computer to search parts.....theres still alot of people who still sell parts the old fashion way...thru newspapers, swap meets and word of mouth....food for thought
Built with pride, Driven in anger
amehel0

Post by amehel0 »

i like to use bursons auto parts. they generally are cheaper then ebay plus if they dont have it they will get it in within a few days. i get all my expendables like c clips o rings bearings etc from a local bearings and gaskets place. any parts i have trouble getting or are overpriced i go to ebay america. they have alot of cheap 4g54 stuff. i also have my local engine place they do all the machining and anything i lack the tools to do like lathes and mills and comercial parts washers when no amount of scrubbing will get it clean like carbon coated valves and exhaust ports. sometimes i go to wreckers for the real fiddly crap ut generally i prefer to replace things with new stuff particularly things that wear or perish like rubber and washers.
hypeboy

Post by hypeboy »

i dont buy from ebay/ is it safe there?
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

Buying from ebay depends on the actual seller. Having a good look at their feedback and selling history will give you a good idea if they are legit, quality, postage times, etc.

In other news I bought my first item off Yahoo Japan last week via Import Monster. An EX Lancer LSD diff is now on it's way to me. 8o|
gemsince88

Post by gemsince88 »

A112H wrote: and also check in on Yahoo Japan from time to time but unless you use a broker or know someone in Japan it is impossable to buy anything from.
I have used Import Monster a couple of times. It gives you access to Yahoo auctions Japan, translates and they organise all shipping. Problems are that its only available to Oz and the freight is expensive. On the up side it gives you access to all the rare Jap stuff easily.
Smith

Post by Smith »

It's nice discussion about that web site which searching for car parts, i don't like to search my car parts, my elder brother is still managing these things, but guys, tell me that web site for trailer parts, i also have a trailer ..

SRAC
“It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
Allen23

Post by Allen23 »

It depends on the area where you are living. Because i buy from a local company in my area which provide best parts for vehicle. You can check on ebay and amazon because there are many companies which provide best quality parts.