Repro Rear Windscreen Rubber

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
doofis200

Repro Rear Windscreen Rubber

Post by doofis200 »

Any one know of any rear windscreen rubbers currently being made to suit GE/GH Scorps?

I spoke to my local windscreen bloke who passed me to a company called Oz Moulds who gave me the number of a rare spares representative.

The person I spoke to at rare spares told me they have looked into making them but need a decent original sent to them in Adelaide so they have something to work off. Rare spares said that the original would not need to be in good condition, just complete (Can be cracked, quite perished etc). The rubber on my car would be good enough but the the windscreen bloke reckoned he wouldn't be able to get the screen out in one piece without cutting the rubber. If you know of some being produced post up a link. If you have a good one and feel like helping out your fellow S-Gers you can call Rare Spares On 0883540900.

Cheers, It would be great to see this part put into production as I know it should help quite a few Scorpion owners get their cars on the road.
Rust-Bucket: A Car With Free Air-conditioning
doofis200

Re: Repro Rear Windscreen Rubber

Post by doofis200 »

Surely someone has one.
theozsnowman

Post by theozsnowman »

Check Rare Spares... I know the are doing the door and boot rubbers so might do them too
My 1980 GH Scorpion Restoration Project - The Oz Snowmans Scorpion - Meet B1 and B2 - The Grey Ghost
doofis200

Post by doofis200 »

Have been in contact with rare spares. They don't currently make one but the rep I spoke to said they are keen to put one into production but need an original in decent condition to work off.

If anyone has one that would be suitable please get in contact with Rare Spares. The number is in my post above.
doofis200

Post by doofis200 »

Good News! I have been able to get hold of a good rear window rubber and should be getting some copies made. At this stage the plan is just to supply the original for Rare Spares to make a mould of so pricing and run size will be up to them. I will talk to them later this week and report back with what they say...
Cheers.
doofis200

Post by doofis200 »

Hey everyone, Confusing news! I have been in contact with Rarespares again and have now been told three different things! I was first told they were keen on putting them into production if I can get a whole one them but have now been told to bring a section to their office in Bayswater. I called up the Bayswater office and was told they couldn't help me. I am going to send an email to the head office and hopefully have some good news to report back with. If anyone has successfully dealt with any other companies who could make reproductions of these please let me know.
doofis200

Post by doofis200 »

Hey Everyone. First off, sorry for wasting your time. I didn't end up being able to get hold of the original rear windscreen rubber which means no reproductions. I am going the generic rubber route with my car. If mods could please delete this thread that would be great, I'll post up another thread for universal/generic solutions with specs of my generic rubber.