Luke, Mitsubishi's Community Manager, Facebook & Competition

Use this thread to discuss the competitions and challenges.
damian

Re: Luke, Mitsubishi's Community Manager, Facebook & Competition

Post by damian »

damian wrote:600 votes.
one day.

bombard facebook to ask everyone they know to ask everyone they know to ask everyone they know...
even if only 20 ask only 20 ask only 20 = 8000 people

the power of a pyramid scheme hey?
you can do this!
this
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Comp is done and dusted. Many thanks to everyone who got behind the forum members cars. If you look at the voting for the Video and Photo sections, 3 members from SG made it into the Top 20 for each. A great effort and good recognition for our community :).
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Shame you didn't finish a bit higher Shifta, I voted for you and who ever else was there as often as I remembered.
By the way, I was joking before, I didn't vote for that crap video ;-)

The one I'm surprised about is how few votes Wayne's PWS got :o
I thought it would have got a lot more then that?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
damian

Post by damian »

winners announced I see

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/mic ... ompetition

how did that craptacular Magna win a prize?!?!?! Identical to mine, damit ;)
A112H

Post by A112H »

I can't believe that the Mitsi vote didn't go to a 30 year old car, isn't that what it was all about? The longevity of the love for the brand?
Gotta say I am pretty disappointed in MMCA, not as disappointed as I was that there was never a 380 wagon or as disappointed as I was when the 380 was FWD only, not as disappointed as I was when I found out VRX meant pov pack with a body kit. And they wonder why they failed in this country
tubby

Post by tubby »

they havent failed in this country. retirees and hairdressers apprentices gotta buy their cars somewhere
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

A112H wrote:not as disappointed as I was when I found out VRX meant pov pack with a body kit.
Hey.
I have one of those (Lancer VRX wagon), and it suit my needs. I have no use for a turbo'd or performance car.

The one that really makes me angry is, I could possibly be buying a replacement for it soon, and what do I buy?
I want a small family wagon (basically the same size as the Lancer VRX wagon). I DON'T WANT AN SUV. (I would prefer a turbo Diesel).

So what choices do I have in the small/medium wagon market?
Golf wagon
Skoda Octavia wagon
Mazda 6 wagon
Subabru Liberty (Subaru's are the ugliest car on the planet atm)
Hyundai i45 wagon (I think that is the model designation, I saw it in the paper 2 weeks ago)

If the Outlander was available, with Non-Gay raised suspension, and in the VRX I would have a serious look at it. But it's not, so I wont. How's that Mitsubishi? What you currently sell is shit. You've lost a buyer who actually has money (insert emoticon with the middle finger up)
A112H wrote:Gotta say I am pretty disappointed in MMCA, not as disappointed as I was that there was never a 380 wagon
I thought I was the only one?
vr4retrofit wrote:
A112H wrote:I can't believe that the Mitsi vote didn't go to a 30 year old car, isn't that what it was all about? The longevity of the love for the brand?
Gotta say I am pretty disappointed in MMCA, not as disappointed as I was that there was never a 380 wagon or as disappointed as I was when the 380 was FWD only, not as disappointed as I was when I found out VRX meant pov pack with a body kit. And they wonder why they failed in this country
Couldnt agree more!

We all wanted Shifta to place, but honsetly, the mint original PWS DESERVED a spot in the winners list. Celebrating 30 years in Australia, the GH was the first model they made in this country, cant be too proud of them then.
+1

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

You can't sell a 30 year old car to new car customers. The idea of having devotion to a manufacturer and being rewarded for it is nice, but the competition is a marketing ploy. And they're going to flood the market with cars that they think they can sell against what other manufacturers have on the market. If you want a 4 cylinder non SUV style wagon - the pickings are thin... :(
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

My opinions on the whole thing are vast. My favourite cars in the picture category were Steve's GH Turbo, the Wherrett, the old guy with his mint brown/gold GJ/GK. I honestly don't have a favourite in the video section as I'm still not sure what the criteria should have been. Were proffesionally made, big budget entries better than the ones with a handy cam and no editing? I really don't know. I can see why the alien video wont the comp, however I would have thought the Ninja Magna video although cheesey would have covered both marketability and effort in terms of votes. I know how hard it was to get that many votes so I can respect both their creativity and dedication to the comp. The main thing to note is that the two holiday winners weren't put into the final by votes, they were both Misti chosen. Overall I don't mind the two overall winners. I'm still dissapointed about not making the final, but had a good crack and can now get away from the computer and go and enjoy the real cars and the real passion that I have for my cars, just like my fellow forum members have for theirs.

Oh and ps. if there was an AWD wagon made in the Magna/380 series, my daily driver would have been upgraded to one of those long ago! The 02-05 series of AWD cars have less power, less room, and are more thirsty than the other cars available. It dissapoints me that only 5 out of my 6 cars are Mitsubishi! :)
SIKMA

Post by SIKMA »

Disappointed in this competition...not because a sigma wasnt there, not because an old mitsu wasnt there or because I wasnt a finalist.

Its because I felt the finalists chosen by mitsubishi were solely to benefit themselves (referring to videos) and the pictures were just a lucky pick out of the lot. Especially the magna with hearts, couldnt put a label to it, but I just didnt understand lol. I didnt think the video finalists were fair either. "Normal" people will never be able to reproduce a product of someone that works in a production studio.

It shows how tasteless and uncreative our car industry has become in all aspects.
1992 Toyota Cressida Grande - 2jzgte + Garrett GT35r, BPU mods
1985 Mazda RX7 - 12A Rotary
1985 Nissan Bluebird TRX - CA20S
RyBj

Re: Luke, Mitsubishi's Community Manager, Facebook & Competi

Post by RyBj »

is it possible to find the video of the top 20 entries?
LukeMMAL

Post by LukeMMAL »

is it possible to find the video of the top 20 entries?
Hey there, there is a playlist on our Youtube channel that features the top entries: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7134542F6D

Cheers, Simone
A112H

Post by A112H »

i like the new theme better.
I DON'T CARE
RyBj

Post by RyBj »

What's the new theme?
A112H

Post by A112H »

They love crashing cars into bridges and watching them burn???
Good theme MMAL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Advert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twirjp6kdFw
Original song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxxajLWwzqY
A112H

Post by A112H »

Hi Simone,

I think something like what MMC has done to celebrate long term ownership and brand pride would have been a nicer outcome from the promotion above. I really think MMAL dropped the ball.
Have a look and please let me know what you think
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/spec ... index.html