Luke, Mitsubishi's Community Manager, Facebook & Competition

Use this thread to discuss the competitions and challenges.
damian

Re: Luke, Mitsubishi's Community Manager, Facebook & Competition

Post by damian »

awesome vid mate - just spotted it.

linked on a couple forums, we'll get that on tv no matter what

vote once per day - bookmarked buddy

PS - just bought a TN magna wagon $200 - going Rallying in it this weekend.
Temporary car until we get the Stigma back on the road
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Nice Damian! Where are you taking the Magna - down to Mt Compass again?
damian

Post by damian »

the old Mitsubishi test track at Tailem Bend appropriately!

http://maps.google.com/?ll=-35.295478,1 ... 15&vpsrc=6

this Sunday, rally starts at 10, finishes around 4

http://www.classiccelicasa.com/forum/vi ... t=15#p7990
she's now a thousand dollar car with all the bits and pieces, like rego, new windscreen, intercom, clutch master cylinder, etc

and if she survives, she may be the new daily!
brendon

Post by brendon »

cars are sorted but not sure which photos of me look better. sunnies or no sunnies... could been a better photo if it wasn't my phone camera and if the scorpion windscreen wasn't smashed and the model was a bit more of a looker :facepalm:
sunnies:
non sunnies:

I can't tell which is better i hate taking photos of myself...
cheers
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Nice Damian - I know that place well. Still scarred from the average drags day a few weeks agao. The beast looks good!

I reckon sunnies on Brendon - gotta go with the poker face :)
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Oh and competition update, thank god I didn't focus on the photo section - there's a guy with over 1000 votes! Might have something to do with his missus doing a hand stand in the background :). Luckily the Video category has less entrants so I'm currently in the top 3. No's 1 and 2 seem to be getting conistent votes though so a long way to go yet :)
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

:thumpsup: :thumpsup:
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

that video is awesome shifta! great idea.

i wana put a pic of my car in when im back in adelaide. but by that time the car will hopefully be half prepped for its paint job. somewhat sucks but somewhat happy about it. id love to get a $500 prize :D
vrooooom vrooooom!!
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Thanks mate. The $500 would be nice - remember you can vote once a day :)
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

i will sling some votes at ya for sure. your video is very creative. i dont expect to win anything from my car, just want it out there for people to appreciate "hopefully".

but wont be for a week or so before im home to go look at it and see if its started on the respray
vrooooom vrooooom!!
brendon

Post by brendon »

anyone had issues getting the website to recognise the VIN no. I've tried even rang up MMA and no help... :(
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Yeah Ken, be great to see pics of the beast in the comp! I saw a blue Galant 2 door on south road last night - number plate started with SGY***. I wonder if he is a forum member.....

Brendon, my Sigma VIN worked with my video by I also put up a picture of the Colt . There's no way the Chasis number on the old girl was going to match the current format so I had to place 0's in front of it to get to the required 16/17 characters or whatever was needed.
brendon

Post by brendon »

yay went through hopefully it will be validated soon.

@ Shifta: I'm going to keep voting for your video to ensure its up the top as you got a much better chance of being up the top of the videos.

you can vote for more then one entry per day
Last edited by brendon on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
brendon

Post by brendon »

83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Niiice! A siggy on the front of the competition page - great work Brendon :)
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

A nice red Starion has popped up in the photo section. And a mirage family car has come from no where and overtaken the old girls :(. It's a well produced vid I have to admit but my top 3 is looking shakey! :(
A112H

Post by A112H »

234 and counting. I have shared it on my FB page too so hope to get you a few more :thumpsup:
brendon

Post by brendon »

i noticed there is a starion up there too :thumpsup:

bloody hell that mirgae video jumped a few
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Thanks Jase! Yeah Brendon I’m flanked by two Mirages now and I don’t reckon I’ll catch Mr Pajero. I think I’m out of favours so may have peaked too early! Oh well, will keep pluggin away and I guess there’s always the Mitsubishi vote.

Insert violins in the background……..it’s not that easy keeping classic Mitsubishi’s on the road. This Sunday will be my fourth straight Bay to Birdwood Classic ( they hold the Classic every 2 years ) and each time I’ve entered I’ve been one of the very few cars representing the Mitsubishi community. This year I’ve entered my green 68 Colt sedan and I found out last night after rescuing her from a paddock about 8 years ago she’s finally let me down – blown a head gasket. She’s been so reliable until now and it’s going to take some doing to get her back on the road at all seeing parts are so rare and expensive. I’ve contacted the organisers and I’m able to swap my entry to the 1100f in the video, I just need to organise rego, new log books and to give her a tune before Sunday. Hopefully all goes well! Ok, end violins :.

Back to the competition, is anyone a member of the Aus Starion forum? They have a thread on the forum here:

http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.php?t=14130

Funnily enough, Colts are mentioned in the second post but there’s no mention of my vid. Maybe I can get some help from our Starion brothers if someone was to drop my vid link in there….. :)
brendon

Post by brendon »

Funnily enough, Colts are mentioned in the second post but there’s no mention of my vid. Maybe I can get some help from our Starion brothers if someone was to drop my vid link in there….. :)
done :P
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
jvflash

Post by jvflash »

Interesting that the photo with the most votes is a girl in a bikini doing a handstand. Can't recall seeing a car but I guess it was there ?!?!?

Anyways I am not eligible, so I will keep voting for all of you. Good luck.
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Ha ha, yeah I noticed that too - a crazy amount of votes! Great to see Mitsubishi recognising the old School - from the Mitsi FB page :

"We're in the third week of our 30 Years Competition and we've already had some amazing entries - Lancers, Pajeros, Tritons, ASXs, Outlanders, Colts, Challengers and Expresses. But we're starting to see some classic models too! Cordias, FTOs, Starions, Sigmas, Galants, 380s and of course mighty Magnas"

Our efforts are paying off :). Oh, and I got bumped out of the top3 vids by a pretty well made Evo/Pajero vid, but some peeps from work rallied ( pardun the pun! ) and spread the word and I managed to sneak back in behind Miss Mirage and Mr Pajero :).

Funny story that's come out of it. The link got emailed around work and it turns out a guy I used to work with at a Pizza Shop about 15 years ago works for the same company as I do now. He’s seen the link, watched the vid and sent me an email. Now the thing is, back when I knew this guy I had an original Sigma Turbo and his memory of it was we went to Heaven nightclub in it one Thursday night and I parked it out the back with a Club Lock on. When we went to leave in the wee hours, I realised I had no Club Lock key so we couldn’t get home! Some Magyver style improvising with the factory scissor jack, and we were able to snap the Club Lock but had to drive home with a very bent standard steering wheel. Luckily back then SE/Turbo steering wheels were really common. I’d totally forgotten about that incident until he reminded me! :)
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Just found out the link to my vid has been posted on my work’s internal social networking site – I work for a very large company!

Pro: I reckon some votes are gonna come filtering in
Con: heaps of people are gonna see my average video! ha ha, Kinda wish I’d been a bit more professional now!

Have to say, the whole thing is a great Marketing idea for Mitsubishi. The competition is not only on the telly but multiple car forums here and Internationally as well as being all over Facebook! It’s the”talk of the town” you might say :)
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Yeah Jase I'm amazed at how many votes have come through and I'm still outside the top 3. Heaps of people have commented on the Mitsi signs on the shed walls - free publicity and it wasn't even staged as they are a permanent fixture :)
damian

Post by damian »

just noticed yesterday i can vote on behalf of my Mum & Dad too (they love the vid but aren't tech savvy)

work computer (for Dad)
home computer (for Mum)
phone (for me!)

:D

comon guys, not far off 2nd now
Last edited by damian on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A112H

Post by A112H »

447 now

Cheers for that Damo, I will be voting at work now too :)
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Ha ha, nice guys. Just remember as part of the terms and conditions of the comp each person can only vote once a day :)
damian

Post by damian »

throw it up on other forums, sitonmyfacebook, etc

comon guys :thumpsup:
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Ha ha, a vote for Shifta's vid is a vote for Old Colts, GSR Sigmas, and original GH Turbos :). A shame he didn't make a better quality vid to represent those great cars! Ha ha :). In other great news, My hatch is ready for the Bay to Birdwood tomorrow, My GSR is sorted and drove great today, and I started the GH today and gave her a nice run. A good day all round! Any South Australians attending the Bay to Birdwood start, if you see me at the start with the Colt, come and say g'day. I may look something like this if I can be bothered dressin up this year..... :

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/gall ... 366?page=1

:)