Luke, Mitsubishi's Community Manager, Facebook & Competition

Use this thread to discuss the competitions and challenges.
Shifta

Re: Luke, Mitsubishi's Community Manager, Facebook & Competition

Post by Shifta »

Ha ha, thanks mate! Yeah Miss Mirage is about 80 or so in front of me now so that would have to be around 200 votes in the past day or so! Oh well, it's sunny so I'm taking my GSR for a drive in a sec - Love that Car! :)
tubby

Post by tubby »

I hope no-one knows her here I actually only looked at that vid today..... things I found wrong with the video
1. Champagne on a new car? sticky acidic champagne on a new car. zif
2. Mirage as a wedding car? Creases in you suit and a ruined dress. zif
3. Of course when someone films you leaving the hospital THEY DO A WIDE SHOT OF YOUR CAR AND YOU CANT SEE THE BABY!!!!!! zif
4. all that picnic stuff wouldnt fit in a mirage with two kids. zif
and I hate that song, zif
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

tubby wrote:I hope no-one knows her here I actually only looked at that vid today..... things I found wrong with the video
1. Champagne on a new car? sticky acidic champagne on a new car. zif
2. Mirage as a wedding car? Creases in you suit and a ruined dress. zif
3. Of course when someone films you leaving the hospital THEY DO A WIDE SHOT OF YOUR CAR AND YOU CANT SEE THE BABY!!!!!! zif
4. all that picnic stuff wouldnt fit in a mirage with two kids. zif
and I hate that song, zif
HAHA. I've been chuckling at that all day! Little do they know the comp has 4 weeks to go and the old skool Mitsi community will be dilligent :)
A112H

Post by A112H »

I still think you are in with a good chance as you have the only 30 year old car in the comp, that I have seen anyway.
We can discuss how to split up the grand prise later :thumpsup:
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Thanks Jase! The comp had me thinking about the history and I pulled out an old photo album ( pre digi camera days! ). Here's a couple of pics that may not have seen the internet world before :).

My mum at the local Mitsi dealer picking up her brand new wagon:

The very Mint GE sedan I had for a short time - funnily enough I only bought it because it had Sigma Turbo rims that I kept and sold the car. The green vinyl was awful to look at but was immaculate!

My original GH Sigma Turbo:

Sadly this one didn't make it - an original GH Turbo that we took to the wreckers. If I had my time again, I would have kept it! You can clearly see it no longer had the standard bonnet or engine :). You can also see the back of my L300 van in the photo!

And finally a very young Shifta with my pride and joy at the time - I can't believe the date stamp says that was 11 years ago! :
A112H

Post by A112H »

Nice pics :) I like the GE Sedan, that is super clean.
I am sorry I didn't vote for you today, I had to sling one Ian's way. Poor fella looks pretty sad there with his Magna rally car and all the friends owning such a vehicle will bring you.
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Ha ha, I reckon the magna is great!

Unfortunately I copped a good old fashioned touch up over the weekend. Miss Mirage has somehow polled around 400 votes since Friday and old mates Pajero and Evo aren't taking it lying down so all 3 have sprinted away. Not gonna throw in the towel just yet but will see how the votes pan out this week before conceding. The best thing is I've already achieved what I wanted to. Taking out the dedicated daily voters from this site, I reckon that still leaves potentially hundreds of people who have seen the vid and voted. Through car forums, Facebook, word of mouth and email, random people have seen the Colt and the two Sigmas with the Mitsubishi signs in the background marking the heritage. I've had comments and emails from people who recognise the cars, used to own them, remembered when they were new, and just overall praise for keeping them from the scrap heap. My vid may not make the final 12, but I reckon our little old Mitsi community has already won :).
damian

Post by damian »

A112H wrote:Nice pics :) I like the GE Sedan, that is super clean.
I am sorry I didn't vote for you today, I had to sling one Ian's way. Poor fella looks pretty sad there with his Magna rally car and all the friends owning such a vehicle will bring you.
Note you can still vote for Shifta's vid even if you voted for someone else's vid

You can only vote for each vid once per day, but you can vote for lots of different vids each day :D

Time to vote via my phone on behalf of Mum ;)

Magna Rally car hey?... Our Magna Wagon Rally car died yesterday, towed it home to strip.
Did 2 events, won 2 trophies, 100% win ratio!
How many cars can claim that?!?!
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Nice work Damian!

Now we're starting to see some nice cars: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/mic ... tition#613

The leading picture has 2786 votes and the leading vid 1396 now. That's a lot of votes - hopefully the voting is legit and if not, that the competition admins have way of ensuring the comp is honestly played!
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

More on the history topic. Although it's outside the scope, I just got sent these by one of the kids ( obviously now an Adult ) in the photo - how cool are they!

Colt 1100f in the 70's ( as if you can't tell the era from the clothes!! )

Brand new 68 Colt 1100
strx3

Post by strx3 »

Hi Guys

I've voted for a number of guys including Shifta and Peter S.

If you would like to vote for me also I'm number 606.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/mic ... tition#606

Steven
damian

Post by damian »

hehe, already voted for you today Steve - you can thank Shifta for posting it a few posts above :D
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Yeah for sure mate. The T's and C's allow only one vote per person, per entry, per day but voting for multiple entries is fine. I was stoked to see the two Sigma Turbos there today!! :)
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Check out this G-spec Siggy :
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/mic ... tition#619

How's the bonnet emblem and what's under the number plate?
damian

Post by damian »

i... don't... know... ?

looks almost like a tow point to tow it behind a motor home, but its too low, too close, and wrong shape
A112H

Post by A112H »

Would it be for moving a boat or tinny around home or putting something like that in the shed?? For someone who is shit at reversing?
strx3

Post by strx3 »

Thanks Shifta and the guys who have voted so far.

It is good to see some older Mitsubishi's in the mix.

Shifta is looking good.
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Could be Jase! And agreed it's great to see more forums cars on there! In regards to me doing ok in the vid category - I was hanging onto third but all of a sudden am 353 behind 3rd, 369 behind 2nd, and 472 behind 1st :(
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Check the mint Wherrett!

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/mic ... tition#638

I think we're finally starting to get some old skool momentum......bring on more Siggies! :)
brendon

Post by brendon »

maybe a sticky with links to all the SG members cars might be worthwhile....startign to lose track...

cause you can vote for each one per day
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

I find that competitions like this are hardly the best man wins, it's usually who is the most shameless promoter or whoever has the biggest mouth hahaha
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Yeah, good point. Definitely a bit of a popularity contest - kinda similar to how politics in the US work - who can buy the most votes :). I do like how the competition is half Mitsubishi decided though, I guess that makes it a bit fairer!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I think that in this particular situation, owners of old restored or un-restored models should get more recognition.

What shows more loyalty to the brand then owning an old model and a new as well? I've been tempted to enter a photo of my 2 Galant wagons, Lancer Hatch and my 2005 Lancer VRX wagon. But I have decided not to.

My support is behind shifta. He also shows brand loyalty and commitment.

It may not help Mitsubishi's bottom line in car sales each year, but it's brand loyalty like that, that inspires people to keep buying Mitsubishi products of all types :thumpsup:

You can't buy loyalty, but you can offer people a holiday to take a pic of their car that they don't think much of. Think about it.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Thanks for the support Dave! Yeah it's an interesting one. I guess there's no way to tell that some of the new car entries aren't owned by guys who have been buying Mitsis for the whole 30 years or longer ( apart from that killer mint brown GJ/GK!). Things are easier in hindsight but it would have been great for the competition site to have allowed comments on each entry. That way you would be able to see just how much actual interest each entry had ( not just anonymous votes ) but also hear more about the passion and love of the cars. I daresay the older entries would have had a massive amount of interest from their fellow entrants and stories of old could be told :)
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Decided this morning after driving the Fastback to the shops and back that I'm not gonna throw in the towel just yet. I've started a FB wave of support with a combination of logic/begging/and SA pride. Will see how close I can get to the front runner vids the next few days :)