tp magna manifold

All Technical Tips an Tricks' will be located HERE merged from all the forums above.
owtriton

tp magna manifold

Post by owtriton »

Im just about to buy a complete tp magna for the efi conversion on my triton 4g54, that way i have all the wiring and sensors, manifold etc....
Ive been reading that the intake needs to be modified, is it a job that can be done in the shed? also is there any other parts i need to source from elsewhere for everything to work properly?
rob020

Re: tp magna manifold

Post by rob020 »

depends if you have a mig welder or not :p

only other parts you should need are a lift pump, a surge tank and an efi pump
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
genius

Post by genius »

I THINK ITS TIG WELDER!!
A/C TYPE
owtriton

Post by owtriton »

thanks for the info, what sort of fuel pumps are better? ive read alot of people using vl ones?
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

owtriton wrote:ive read alot of people using vl ones?
I am using a Bosch '050' fuel pump from a non-turbo VL. And for once (since my car is now running, finally!), it works without any issue so far. That is installed on the existing line from the tank to the engine. I am not running a surge tank or lift pump at the moment, but probably will when I add a turbo.
owtriton wrote:Ive been reading that the intake needs to be modified...
It doesn't NEED to be modified, but if you don't want to make it hard for yourself, then swapping the throttle body mount point to the other end of the Plenum is probably a good idea. It is also ok to leave the thermostat housing at the rear of the manifold, but if you are chopping the Plenum to move the throttle body mount, then you could do the thermostat housing at the same time.

This is what I mean by an unmodded intake is a pain. (My conversion is based on a TR/TS, but the TN/TP would be similar.)
owtriton

Post by owtriton »

looks like ive got a bit of planning to do to decide which route to take!
fast4g54

Post by fast4g54 »

i've just done this same conversion ( ts magna efi into triton ). i took the top half of the manifold to a machine shop and it cost me $60 to have the tb swapped to the other end. there is alot of little mods and hurdles to overcome but if you have a fair understanding of how the system works its easily doable and way worth the effort. buy yourself a decent manual for the donor vehicle and go for it.