crank angle sensor

All Technical Tips an Tricks' will be located HERE merged from all the forums above.
rob020

crank angle sensor

Post by rob020 »

hey guys

ive added a 36-1 triggerwheel and vr sensor to the front of my crank to fire an EDIS (electronic distributerless ignition system)
my question is if i were to get an aftermarket ecu, could i remove the dizzy completely or would it still be needed for the crank angle sensor? even though my 36-1 wheel and vr sensor IS a crank angle sensor?

cheers,
rob
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
amgis_obrut

Re: crank angle sensor

Post by amgis_obrut »

I think you could drop the dizzy and use the commo sensor if your ecu is configured to run that way

give John @ microtech a call
or
Adam @ JEM 02 961860001
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
A112H

Re: crank angle sensor

Post by A112H »

^^ Correct. Effectively all a distributor does is send spark at the cranks direction. By fitting the trigger wheel and sensor you will be telling the ECU when to fire the coil packs so the distributor is just plugging a hole. Give the guys mentioned above a call to find out which ECU is suitable for your application. I would think you can even run the VR coil packs and use bits of the VR loom