Scorpion '79 what Fits???

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
demonD

Scorpion '79 what Fits???

Post by demonD »

Hi all,
Were doing up a '79 Scorpion and have found an '81 Scorpion for a parts car. I have noticed that there are only similarities in the front but was wondering if the following items are interchangeable.

1. Front seats.
2. Rear seats.
3. Rear side panels.
4. Front door panels. I know that the doors are slightly different, but can these be retro-fitted?
5. Power steering - box rack & pump.
6. Diff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Deano :thumpsup:
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Scorpion '79 what Fits???

Post by Scorpma82 »

As far as im aware, the two models are almost identical...they should all fit
Built with pride, Driven in anger
tubby

Post by tubby »

Ok this would have been better posted in the scorpion section but I guess its technical enough.

1. Front seats.
2. Rear seats.
3. Rear side panels.
4. Front door panels. I know that the doors are slightly different, but can these be retro-fitted?
5. Power steering - box rack & pump.
6. Diff.

1. Front seats should bolt straight in, bar that quick rail change should sort it.
2. Rear seats. No, can be modified to fit. I have done so to get folding rears but I did an average job which needs tweaking. Can talk you through it if you really want them in.
3. Rear side panels? Clarification required, basically when they updated the model they changed it from the back of the doors to the rear. body panels differ slightly tail lights wont swap boot is a maybe. rear windows and rear windscreen is different. Basically draw a vertical line at the back of the door everything behind is different.
4. do you mean the doors, if so then yes. with the exception of the window and mirror surround/rear view mirror. Front 1/4 panels are identical and completely interchangeable bar the indicator light. all mounting holes are in the exact same spot. I welded the indicator hole on some gj panels and cut holes for my gh indicators and bolted them on.
5. I never owned a scorpy with power steering so I dont know. I would assume yes.
6. Diff. No they have slight differences, if you read the threads from people talking about chucking scorpy diffs in their sigmas you need the corresponding scorpion

there you go, tubby
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
demonD

Post by demonD »

Thanks for your replies, I will look at the power steering - but no point with the seats & door panels, I might as well put in aftermarket seats.

Cheers,
Deano :thumpsup: