79 Scorpion Wiper motor

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
demonD

79 Scorpion Wiper motor

Post by demonD »

Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to fix the windscreen wiper arms to the motor. The original retaining cup on the wiper arm is worn, and will not stay attached to the knucke on the wiper motor?
I'm unsure if these are the same on sigma sedans (interchangeable?) or are special to the scorpion only. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

:banh:

Regards,
Dean
tubby

Re: 79 Scorpion Wiper motor

Post by tubby »

do you mean the thing that covers the bolt on the wiper arm? if so yes with the exeption of the rear ones on wagons they are interchangeable.
pics always help :thumpsup:
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
demonD

Post by demonD »

Thanks for the reply Tubby,
I'm not sure if thats the right part - if you unbolt the wiper motor from the firewall there is a ball on the back of it. The internal bar that connects the wipers pushes onto this ball via a cup, which on mine is worn and will not stay attached to the motor. I'm wondering if this bar (with the cup) is the same for coupes as sedans or if anyone knows a way of re-attaching the two with a worn cup?

thanks,
Dean :thumpsup:
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

Have one in Sydney (scrapping a GH Scorp) if you are interested.

Cheers.
demonD

Post by demonD »

PM sent