hyundai efi

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
bruggz351

hyundai efi

Post by bruggz351 »

G'day peoples.
I was told, quite some time ago now, that the motor in a Hyundai Lantra is the same as Mitsi's Astron. Is this so?? If it is, why hasn't anyone used the EFI, manifolds etc off these for a conversion? The throttle body is already on the front of the manifold.

cheers
'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
woops

Re: hyundai efi

Post by woops »

I'm pretty sure the Hyundai Lantra has the 1.8L equivalent of the 4g63 engine. The engine is basically a 4g62 engine from memory and the head will go onto a 4g63 engine but it just has smaller ports.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

Aah, ok, thanks woops. :thumpsup:

cheers
'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
turbosigma

Post by turbosigma »

Sirius - not Astron.

2L Hyundai = G4CP = 4g63 - but as stated have smaller ports.
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

Its a fairly common swap, along with L300 manifold, on starions.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

Just another option

Proton also used Mitsubishi engines and gearboxes.

The ones to look at are the Satria GTI hatchback that ran a 1.8L twin cam motor (i believe this is known as a 4G62) and from factory..produced 103kw.....Also the Proton Persona also ran the exact same motor (although these cars are rarer and also tamer in performance in standard form).

Also, i follow a couple of classes of circuit racing here in melbourne (purely for the reason that i was planning on racing a sigma in these classes) names 2L Sports Sedans and IPRA (Improved Production Racing Association).

Both of these classes have a Proton Satria in the field. The one in Sports Sedan run an indvidual throttle body setup running a set of trumpets just underneith the factory bonnet scoop...

The other runs a slightly tamer setup...running a TR/S 2.6L TB which (apparently) bolted onto the original..once it was inverted.

Now my theory is..if a factory 4G62 makes 103kw in factory form....it wouldn't take too much effort (or money) to get the power increased to about (at a guess) 130-140kw+ after these intale setups used, a good tune and maybe few more technical mods like cams or even adapting a 4G63 head ontop....either way...it may give us more options in terms of different (factory) upgraded injectors, intake manifolds, heads, cams computers etc etc.

Foord for thought

Also, this is nothing but a bit of information that i thought i'd share

Thanks guys
Built with pride, Driven in anger
webby

Post by webby »

The Satria engine is a 4G93P, not a 4G62.
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

oh sorry...my bad

i was under the impression it was a smaller version of the evo motors

my mistake
Built with pride, Driven in anger