Q/A fuel line{solved}

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
7thsin

Q/A fuel line{solved}

Post by 7thsin »

i got this 4g32 motor from a later model lancer , but later didn't realize the different between the carbies , one with return line and one with out , i was inquiring on how to go
about putting in a new line ?
or maybe using existing fuel line ,
any ideas much appreciated thax

Last edited by 7thsin on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
= Lancer 1976 =
geezer101

Re: Q/A fuel line

Post by geezer101 »

Option 1-Pull the fuel pump from the donor engine, hook it up identically to original set up.
Option 2-Swap the accelerator pump spacer from the old carby to the new one.
Option 3-Use a fuel recircultion cannister from a sigma/scorpion and set up the fuel lines the same way (one line going in from the fuel pump, one out to the supply inlet on the top cover, the other to the accelerator pump)
Someone will correct me if I've got it wrong! Good luck :thumpsup:
7thsin

Post by 7thsin »

unfortanelty option 1 and 2 out , :(
i was thinking of hooking it upto the fuel emissions return line but in the boot it has the vapor box thingy,
dont think it be a good idea :( cheers anyways,so i might go the whole 9 yards and put in a return fuel line, i got lucky and found some small copper pipework which will fit along side the existing fuel line so yea fun begins ....
= Lancer 1976 =
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Ohhh... that in itself is going to pose a problem- your tank won't have the return line inlet plumbed into it. :banh: See if you can have a look at a 77's fuel line set up. Really unusual, I would've thought every car from the early 70's onward would have a return line- anyone got a tech manual on the site to refer to?
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

P.S. What was feeding the accelerator pump on the original carby?
7thsin

Post by 7thsin »

i knw the tank dont have a return line build in, i was gonna use a t pipe in one of the return lines , coming from the air vaporizer canister from the boot coming into the fuel tank , i wanted to put a t pipe in behind the fuel filter which gose into the fuel pump but i think it would suck in air or something dont think it would work :(
no easy way about it :(
= Lancer 1976 =
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Yeah, sounds like one of those "I wouldn't try it" ideas. Swap for a later model tank? I played with fitting a Cordia turbo tank under my GD wagon. It would've worked out too- just needed to make a support/spacer to locate the front end of the tank, either recycle or make up the mounting straps. Increased fuel capacity, better baffling, elimination of the spare tyre hanger, flatter profile, newer fuel sender unit and the addition of a electric pump pre plumbed in- I could even get to the tank sender through the original access panel!
7thsin

Post by 7thsin »

i was looking for a another fuel tank , but not easy to come by for my lancer model, wish i could just drop a later model Mitsubishi fuel tank in from a sigma ,not sure if it would fit , could be a good idea
= Lancer 1976 =
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Lancer hatch maybe? Looks like some R & D at the wreckers is on the cards.
7thsin

Post by 7thsin »

bypass complete
not a conventional way to do it but it works .

= Lancer 1976 =