sigma struts into LA Lancer

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
koolLA

sigma struts into LA Lancer

Post by koolLA »

Hi all :D
I know that the standard upgrade is to early model sigma struts as they have the same 3 bolt pattern I have done that myself in galants and lancers I have previously owned but I am having trouble locating a pair and was wondering if anyone has tried changing the steering arm to sigma two bolt it may be a stupid question :$ but It has been about 13 years since I have looked at a sigma
cheers
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: sigma struts into LA Lancer

Post by astronturbo77 »

you could use the 2 bolt struts but would have to use the ball joint to go with it, not sure if the 2 bolt strut and 3 bolt strut ball joint tapers are the same but you could make it work. why not use the sigma 2 bolt struts, and matching lower control arms for extra camber
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
lb4g63

Post by lb4g63 »

Yes you can use the 2 bolt struts, I have just fitted GJ struts into GD Galant and the 2 bolt arm goes straight onto the GD taper, it seems they are all the same taper.
koolLA

Post by koolLA »

:D thanks for the help just purchased a pair of complete struts from Ebay for $15.50 and when I picked them up the steering arms were still attached now just need to buy coil over kit as the springs dont fit into my lancer's strut tower still a cheap upgrade as the strut inserts for the LA were $300 thanks again for the help
cheers