2.6 engine what vehicles are compatible?

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
stealthfoz

2.6 engine what vehicles are compatible?

Post by stealthfoz »

hi all i have a 92 mitsubishi 2.6l triton and it is in need of a heart transplant as its done 430km and getting a bit noisy. i am imagining that this engine was also used in the sigma, so what im after is what model sigma is this engine in and is there any differences i need to know about if i was to buy the sigma engine? i am guessing i will find a sigma engine easier than a triton one thats all.
thanks guys
A112H

Re: 2.6 engine what vehicles are compatible?

Post by A112H »

Hi stealthfox, welcome to the site. Please have a good look through relevent sections before posting question threads, in most cases they have been asked and answered before. Your question is one such case.
Please check this link for your answer.
http://sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2206
stealthfoz

Post by stealthfoz »

thanks mate so what i get from that is any 4g54 2.6L will fit, is this correct?
also it doesnt mention what years the sigmas ect came out with this engine
webby

Post by webby »

All Sigmas came out with the 2.6, bar early GE's. So 1979-1987.
You want one from a manual car. Auto's are narrower across the bellhousing locating dowels.

Of course, you'd know all this if you'd spent some time looking through the site before posting. The search function's there for a reason.
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889