Please Help.. Aircon parts????

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
72GalantGirl

Please Help.. Aircon parts????

Post by 72GalantGirl »

I know it is weak to have aircon but I have a little one and don't want him sweltering away in north qld.

I have a GA Galant but no aircon..... I also have a DA9 Integra with aircon. I am not very into cars and my partners mind is focused on the car show coming up in two weeks. Anyway the Integra is getting stripped this weekend. I am stealing the retractable seat belts and the front seats while my get recoverd. But can anyone please list what parts I will need to make it work?? I have absolutely no idea :l
If not parts from the intergra anyone recommend what would fit short of me pulling the aircon out and making it fit?? Going to ring the regas place tomorrow but thought someone might have some more insight :)

Its not about how much you spend.... Its about how much of the work you did yourself!!! :)
pedro

Re: Please Help.. Aircon parts????

Post by pedro »

you will need a blower/evaporator (which blows the cooled wind into the passenger area), a condenser grille (made of aluminum which fits in front of the car in front of the radiator), a compressor (which pumps freon through the airconditioning system and cools the air passing through the blower), a drier (which processes the freon for cooling), and various hoses and tubes. you may also need an auxiliary fan to cool your radiator, a compressor bracket to mount the compressor to your engine, a fan belt to spin the compressor, and an idler bearing and bracket to adjuust the tension of the fan belt.

Installing an aircon system is something id rather leave to the professionals!
1976 Colt Lancer L Type, "ELaine": http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3879147
1976 Colt Galant Sedan, "Ellarose": http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3377042
camB

Post by camB »

Hi, perhaps you could look up john116 on here. I know he's done an AC install fairly recently.

Cheers,
Cam
tandanus

Post by tandanus »

GAs didnt come with A/C but some GC/GDs did. So did some GTOs. The GTO under-dash unit will fit in a GA (just). Ive been looking at this for awhile, but have been stopped by the lack of a compressor mount and crank pulley.
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
72GalantGirl

Post by 72GalantGirl »

Thanks heaps.
I am going to get it quoted by the aircon guys here. So the Gc/Gd's had aircon. Interesting I will have a look at the wreckers when I get there if he hasnt closed down :(

Its not about how much you spend.... Its about how much of the work you did yourself!!! :)