help removing boss kit

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
kenvv

help removing boss kit

Post by kenvv »

i thought id see how the sigma steering wheel sat in the galant today but cant seem to get the boss kit off. i assume its been on there for many a years.....
i removed the holding bolt and washer but couldnt get it off. still didnt budge after spraying some lubricant on it either....i could wait and try get mechanic to do it when i get my horn sorted but im impatient.

any other ideas?

bugger :@
vrooooom vrooooom!!
75wagon
Admin

Re: help removing boss kit

Post by 75wagon »

You can buy steering wheel puller kits at Repco (and I assume other parts shops). Much better option then pulling on the wheel/boss kit and damaging the collapsible steering column.
They are cheap (not the best quality, but should last for a couple of pulls). I think I paid under $14 for one a few years back now.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

wicked cheers dave
vrooooom vrooooom!!
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

just went and bought one. $10. will give it a go later
vrooooom vrooooom!!
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

One technique I have been shown is to loosen the bolt, make sure it isn't all the way off, and give it a few pulls. It should come out and not smack you in the teeth. The other week when I wanted to get the stock steering wheel off the steering column I had just taken out of my Sigma, I used a rubber mallet, and gave it a couple firm whacks, and that made it come off.
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

na it actual wouldnt budge just pulling on it. this new fandangle remover should do the trick :thumpsup:
vrooooom vrooooom!!