4G32 head bolts

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
davetrees

4G32 head bolts

Post by davetrees »

Anybody know where I can get some in a hurry ? A part number would be great.

Are they the same as something more recent, that a supplier is likely to have listed (eg. 4G5x, 4G6x, etc ) ?

As a last resort .... if I can't find any new in the next day or so, does anyone have some good condition used 4G32 head bolts laying around they could post to me? I only need one, but 2 or 3 would be handy "just in case".

I need to source some before next weekend (I have 2 parts cars I could pinch some off, but they are a 90 minute drive away ...... and I have zero chance of getting there this week :@ )
colta51

Re: 4G32 head bolts

Post by colta51 »

did you find any..? ive been looking for a wile on the net and it seems thay dont make them any more. :@
i dont want to re use old bolts coz my luck thay will snap.. :banh:
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

No, "the other Dave" sent me a couple & got me out of trouble.

Worth noting though .... was talking to Dinta Officer at the time I was chasing some, and he said there is no problem re-using them multiple times, as long as they are in good condition. They aren't a "stretch" bolt & are not really prone to breaking - just have to make sure the threads on both bolt & block are clean.

What I think happened with mine, in hindsight, is that there was oil in the bottom of the hole in the block and it "hydraulic locked" just before it fully torqued up - lesson for new players !

I now have a complete spare set, from one of the cars I wrecked. It's probably worth taking the bolts out of any old Saturn motors you come across ! That said, a decent bolt shop should be able to sell you an equivalent bolt that would do the job ?
colta51

Post by colta51 »

ok thanks mate i will giv my ones a clean and see how thay look.... wats the best way to clean out the threds in the block?
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

a tap?
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

As Bluethunder said, running a tap down them is the ideal. A blast with compressed air should get any loose crud out.

Clean the thread of a bolt and run it down the thread in the block a couple of times with a squirt of CRC, then wrap some cloth around a screwdriver & turn it in the hole to wipe out/soak up any dirt etc.

Unless the block has been sitting uncovered with the head off it though, they are probably pretty clean anyway.
colta51

Post by colta51 »

ok thanks mate will do it tonight.. the old bolts came out dirtty but in really good nick so re useing them shood be sweet like you said.. (H)
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

dont run a tap through them, brake cleaner down the holes and blow the threads out with compressed air and cover the air nozzle with a rag unless you like grit in your eyes/face. if worse comes to worse then use a tap.
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
Nat881

Post by Nat881 »

can anyone post a pic of those?
i might have some on stash..