Wheels sizes?

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
75wagon
Admin

Re: Wheels sizes?

Post by 75wagon »

77galantv6 wrote:already ordered one haha
Did you get me one too?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
sam

Post by sam »

this post is a great help in understanding wheels more but i am still clueless as i don't know what the offset is currently and if it changes with some new rims i am interested in, what i would need to do then. i currently have 13" cheviot 5.5 jj and kinda want to keep to the smaller wheel style.
here is the website of the style of wheel i am interested in but am unsure of the pcd and cb [it's cold outside]
http://www.alliedwheel.com/wheel.php?na ... irectional
there are 3 varieties of 13" with 4 lugs...
have looked at other sites in australia but gee they really need to extend their stock.
any help greatly appreciated.
Chrysler Valiant Galant GC GL Hardtop 1975
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

sam wrote:this post is a great help in understanding wheels more but i am still clueless as i don't know what the offset is currently and if it changes with some new rims i am interested in, what i would need to do then.
OK.
Take the wheels off you car.
Measure from the outside of the rim to the mounting surface that bolts to up your hub. You need to measure the mounting surface from both from the front and rear of the rim to determine the offset.

Zero offset is where the mounting surface of the wheel is dead in the middle of the rim. eg: on a 6 inch rim the hub face would measure equal distance from the front to the back of the rim.
+ offset is where the mounting surface of the wheel is closer to the outside of the rim
- offset is where the mounting surface of the wheel is closer to the inside of the rim

I will take some photos on how to do this.
Pictures with descriptions are so much easier to follow.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Here is a good read on how to calculate and understand wheel offset and it's measurement.
https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

I've done some measuring and here is what I have come up with.

Note:
Wheel: Style/type
Size: Rim Diameter and width
FS: Front spacing
BS: Back spacing
Offset : Formula: FS + BS divided by 2, then minus FS = offset (+ is positive, - is negative)

Wheel: Cheviot Hustlers (same as on my wagon)
Size: 13 x 6 inches
FS: 85mm
BS: 95mm
Offset : +5mm

Even though this rim is a 13 x 6 inch rim, the actual sizes are different. The 13 x 6 inch measurement is taken between the bead seats, They don't include the outer flanges.

6 inches from inner to outer bead seat (150mm)

7 inches overall including the outer flanges (180mm)

Overall Diameter 14 1/3 inches (365mm)

To measure Front spacing, measure through the centre bore from the mounting pad

To measure the Rear spacing, measure from the mounting pad

Other Rims I have laying around that I have measured.

Wheel: Standard Galant Rims
Size: 13 x 4.5 inches
FS: 35mm
BS: 110mm
Offset : +37.5mm

Wheel: Standard fitment steel GH Sigma rims
Size: 14 x 5 inches
FS: 55mm
Offset : +27.5mm

Wheel: Superlites
Size: 14 x 6 inches
FS: 65mm
BS: 115mm
Offset : +25mm

Wheel: Bathurst Mk1
Size: 13 x 6 inches
FS: 70mm
Offset : +20mm

Wheel: Standard fitment FWD Colt rims
Size: 13x 5 inches
FS: 35mm
BS: 120mm
Offset : +42.5mm

If you want to add sizing for more rims, copy and paste this to put up the sizes.

Code: Select all

[color=#FF8000][b]Wheel:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF8000]Size:[/color]
[color=#FF8000]FS:[/color] 
[color=#FF8000]BS:[/color]
[color=#FF8000]Offset :[/color] 
Dave...
leigh7005

Post by leigh7005 »

also datsun 260z wheels fit sigmas on the rear cant remember if they were on the front aswell
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

leigh7005 wrote:also datsun 260z wheels fit sigmas on the rear cant remember if they were on the front aswell
Yes Datsun 260Z rims fit as they are also 114.3 x 4 stud.
The reason for the above post if for actual measurements that can help readers work out what new and old rims fit their cars.

I forgot to mention, that Galant struts on a Galant allow for a maximum of 140mm backspacing of the rim.

Dave...