EFI conversion

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
owtriton

EFI conversion

Post by owtriton »

I have a 89 triton 4x4 with a 2.6 4g54, its the carby version but am getting a 90 magna for parts that has EFI and is also a 4g54.
has anyone done the conversion? is it straightforward?
leoca

Re: EFI conversion

Post by leoca »

owtriton

Post by owtriton »

thanks
LEE

Post by LEE »

whether it be triton or sigma its still the same deal good luck it looks a lot harder but reality having two motors of different type make it easier to mix and match -the hardest part is the wiring harness you will need a good manual and take the whole efi harness from the magna and add it with its own power from the ignition switch and separate fuses
rob020

Post by rob020 »

i can send you heaps of wiring info for the tn/tp efi setup if you pm me your email
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
MitsiMitch

Post by MitsiMitch »

LEE wrote:Image

whether it be triton or sigma its still the same deal good luck it looks a lot harder but reality having two motors of different type make it easier to mix and match -the hardest part is the wiring harness you will need a good manual and take the whole efi harness from the magna and add it with its own power from the ignition switch and separate fuses
im planning to do an EFI conversion on a 2.6L (sigma) engine... it is currently setup with twin sidedraught 45 webbers, but I want to change to EFI for reliability (ie tuning), and was told it would not drop performance.
Last edited by MitsiMitch on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stealth

Post by stealth »

well mitsimitch there are plenty of posts on this subject allready ,use the seach function and read threw what many others have allready done !
its been done almost everyway possible and theres heaps of posts from many different people.
cheers stealth (H)
Engineering the unfair advantage !
Red bull , fuelling the fastest race cars on earth !
TR11KY

Post by TR11KY »

yeah there was a guy that did it to a 4wd back when i was investigating doing the turbo efi version to mine. He got great results mate so dont be discouraged but do read the engine section on here first k mate. :D
its a very popular and repeated question
Factory Sigma Turbo #445 - TR11KY
220rwkw @ 15psi daily driver/project

Factory Sigma Turbo #500
under restoration