galant sigma with new tubular chassis

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
gorango

galant sigma with new tubular chassis

Post by gorango »

Hello everyone, i'm newbie on this forum :) .
I want to know your opinion about my 1979 galant project with a new tubular frame chassis...
Doing like that so i think i can achieve a better handling performance by installing a new modified Independent Front Suspension system. (my inspire comes from HEIDTS corp.Speciality in hotrod and muscle car IFS system)

The project haven't started yet, and the car still in it's original shape. My Q is : do i make a correct methods? your opinion will be apreciated.

thank's for your time.

Sorry for my english... :D
colta51

Re: galant sigma with new tubular chassis

Post by colta51 »

welcome to the site :thumpsup: yore build sounds very expencive but intresting too. (H) is it gonna be full tube chasis or only front half?
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
gorango

Post by gorango »

well... i really dunno if i expand the budget if the tube frame the decided one.

but after spend many hour exploring data about tube frame and other type of chassis, tube frame is the rigid and strongest one.
Here is my prob : The original body is a monocoque frame is it? ( this is a bit crazy about autos things, for my background is a fine art concentrating on comics, illustrating, and graphic design... :| ) My method is to put the whole new chassis (round tube) into sigma's body. This means,:
- i'll have to chop up the entire floor which include the backbone of a monocoque frame.
- the remain bodies will be installed into a new chassis. Side bodies will be bolt up to the inner side of the body (should i say inside panels?, this is a lil bit confused for i want the car to be a lighter weight), which is bolt up/ welded to the tube frame...
my Q is : will the body strong enough to hold the pressure of the car?/engine? or even the wind bumps?
i'm new to the autos engineering world, but i always love the look of a classic car, and also the speed... so i promised my self to build a classic car..no, a classic sport car. Now i have this Sigma, and i have a chance to make my dream come true... :)

i'll attach some of my illustrated sigma on my post later ( after learning on how to upload a picture of course...hehehe :P

I think you guys have seen some example of a classic car restoration using methods like i said.
once more, sorry for my english....
gorango

Post by gorango »

here's the blueprint plan for IFS. I haven't drawn the tube frame plan...need more to study and advice of how it works (pics include)

and how it looks...
gorango

Post by gorango »

ok, i've drawn the tube frame chassis here. Need your opinions... :roll:

and some pics of how the car looks before me and my friend unmount the engine for an 'ambulance' help... :P

completely blind of auto's thing about this engine type here... :mrgreen:

what ya think guys?...
A112H

Post by A112H »

I think you have more concerns there than a chassis. But I like the idea, gotta watch out for those wind bumps, they will get you everytime.
gorango

Post by gorango »

I forgot to tell you guys, this sigma will be my daily. The question is : Do the tubular frame fit for daily traveling? or it's only a one racing event usage?
sorry for my english guys... :D

Thank's Jason...that wind bumps will fill up my homework ;-)